Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Officially Official: 2012 BMW M5 Concept!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011 | 11:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
I like the look (except for the motherfugly wheels), but I'm keen to hear three numbers:

1) Power
2) Weight
3) Price (with reasonable options)

Also, the key to this car's success (not in sales, so much as inherent greatness) is how well it puts the power down. My E60 M5, with less power and way less torque than this will have, wasn't as brisk at low speeds as it should have been, simply because when you pressed the gas in 1st or 2nd, you just spun the tires. It was frustrating, because the only way to feel like you had 500HP was to romp from 70-100 in 3rd. I don't want a car that only really feels fast in *part* of its performance envelope. Whether this means more mechanical grip, or more refined traction control, I don't know, but the alternative is AWD, which adds weight, numbs steering a bit, etc. That said, if someone had offered me an E60 M5 with AWD, I would have jumped on it.

Panamera 4S w/ Carrera GT engine would be nice as well...

Old 04-04-2011 | 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Member
HassaanAbdeen has a spectacular aura aboutHassaanAbdeen has a spectacular aura aboutHassaanAbdeen has a spectacular aura aboutHassaanAbdeen has a spectacular aura aboutHassaanAbdeen has a spectacular aura aboutHassaanAbdeen has a spectacular aura aboutHassaanAbdeen has a spectacular aura aboutHassaanAbdeen has a spectacular aura aboutHassaanAbdeen has a spectacular aura aboutHassaanAbdeen has a spectacular aura aboutHassaanAbdeen has a spectacular aura about
Does anybody know the expected horsepower and acceleration of this monster?

Old 04-04-2011 | 02:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nice
Originally Posted by HassaanAbdeen
Does anybody know the expected horsepower and acceleration of this monster?
I heard that they are hinting at 560hp and 0-60 in 4.3. But their is nothing actually confirmed yet.

Old 04-07-2011 | 03:15 PM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Don't forget that in the US we can get a manual trans as well

Old 04-09-2011 | 11:17 AM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe with x-drive as well??
A four-wheel-drive M5 also appears to be on the cards, to satisfy demand from the snow belt in the US, where all-wheel-drive Mercedes/AMG and Audi models are selling well. “There will be some all-wheel-drive surprises on M cars in the future,” says Biermann.

Old 04-09-2011 | 12:40 PM
Teamspeed Member
ddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura about
i think it turned out well but i believe there will be some updates to the rear diffuser (which im hoping for)

it def could use some more aggressive features but it is a beast, TT v8 and the promise of AWD gives it a chance to run more consistently with Audi

Old 04-20-2011 | 09:07 AM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
Some pics from Shanghai:

Old 04-20-2011 | 09:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
i still don't understand why they call this a concept, i dont see anything that shouldnt make it into production.

if the real deal is toned down from this concept it will look like a 528i, or should i say 728i

Old 04-20-2011 | 10:55 PM
DJ
|
Teamspeed Pro
First interior shots on the web...

Attached Images    
Old 04-21-2011 | 10:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
VegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond repute
The interior looks like they took a step backwards.

Quick Reply: Officially Official: 2012 BMW M5 Concept!!!