Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Jack Pitney, BMWNA Marketing VP, Dead at 47

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010 | 04:00 AM
|
Teamspeed Junior Member
Xtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to allXtal is a name known to all
Exclamation Jack Pitney, BMWNA Marketing VP, Dead at 47

I personally new Jack Pitney and I am in shock and grieving for him and his family. I was looking forward to reuniting with him in my upcoming move to Southern California.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who knew him. Rest in Peace Jack and Godspeed!

From BMWNA:
We regretfully share the news that Jack Pitney, VP of Marketing for BMWNA has died today in a tragic accident while on vacation at his farm. His most recent significant accomplishment (at least publicly) was helping BMW to secure a 6-year partnership with the US Olympic Committee.

Some of you may also recognize him as the BMW spokesperson conducting this year's New York International Auto show.

Pitney joined BMW in 1995 as head of corporate communications. His big break came when he was part of a small team of executives who persuaded a wary management to import the Mini to North America. He led the brand as its first U.S. boss from 2001 to 2005.

On Sept. 1, he was scheduled to become vice president for BMW's eastern region, its largest sales zone.

Our condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited by Xtal; 08-27-2010 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Content Addition
Old 08-27-2010 | 09:26 AM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for posting this, Xtal.

Jack was a great guy, and love BMW. I'll remeber him by this speech he gave in my hometown of MI. Thought and prayers are with his family. RIP Jack.

http://www.bmwusanews.com/video/asse...=290&width=480

Old 08-27-2010 | 04:14 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry for your loss...

Old 08-27-2010 | 10:57 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
My carbon fiber pen gift from Jack.

Old 08-28-2010 | 12:38 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Horrible news, my condolences to his friends and loved ones

Old 08-28-2010 | 01:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
Tragic, my condolences to his pals & family anyways, here is an update of what has happen...

Jack Pitney. According to the sheriff’s department in Greene County, NY, on Thursday afternoon (August 26) Jack was on his tractor at his farm in Durham. As he was trying to pull a tree stump from the ground, the tractor flipped with him still on board. The sheriff’s department arrived at 12:40 PM and Jack was pronounced dead at the scene. An autopsy is being performed today.