Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

BMWNA X5M & X6M Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 08:30 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post BMWNA X5M & X6M Pricing

Today BMWNA announced the official numbers for the new ///M models. In X5 guise it will weigh in at $85,400 and for the X6 $88,900. Ordering will begin in late May for production sometime in July with deliveries this fall. We all know there will be some sort of EPA hold up as has been the case in 3 out of the last 5 years with new models so expect them at the dealers in early October.
Source Bimmerfile

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
X_suvs_pricing.pdf (75.5 KB, 45 views)
Old 04-24-2009, 08:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Not as much as I expected, really.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
The Pepper GTS market share is about to take a serious hit! Same with the ML63 in my opinion. With the unbelievable warranties BMW offers, I may be looking to replace the GTS for an X5M in the next few years.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
That's very reasonable. Smart move. Porsche and MB sales are going to take a hit for sure.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
The Pepper GTS market share is about to take a serious hit! Same with the ML63 in my opinion. With the unbelievable warranties BMW offers, I may be looking to replace the GTS for an X5M in the next few years.
The Cayenne GTS does the manual option, though. If BMW fitted the X5/X6M with a manual or even DCT that would be a step in the right direction.

I'm assuming that the F10 M5 will get a derivative of the new TT V8, so they can't claim that they couldn't mate a six speed manual or DCT to the trucks, unless they plan on making the M5 automatic only. Unlikely.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
The Cayenne GTS does the manual option, though. If BMW fitted the X5/X6M with a manual or even DCT that would be a step in the right direction.

I'm assuming that the F10 M5 will get a derivative of the new TT V8, so they can't claim that they couldn't mate a six speed manual or DCT to the trucks, unless they plan on making the M5 automatic only. Unlikely.
We looked at a manual in the GTS, but in the end, b/c other drivers then myself would be driving it frequently, we went with the auto box. I really don't think this will be that big of a deciding factor in sales b/c of the many Pepper GTSs rolling around Houston, I've only seen one 6MT. I drove one at the dealer back in March of last year, but in the end its an SUV and not a sports car. A DCT X5M would however, finally bring me around to that gearbox.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
the X5 will sell well I believe......the X6 might be a bit more tough to sell imo

Old 04-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by JC919
We looked at a manual in the GTS, but in the end, b/c other drivers then myself would be driving it frequently, we went with the auto box. I really don't think this will be that big of a deciding factor in sales b/c of the many Pepper GTSs rolling around Houston, I've only seen one 6MT. I drove one at the dealer back in March of last year, but in the end its an SUV and not a sports car. A DCT X5M would however, finally bring me around to that gearbox.
I actually think I remember reading/hearing that the 6MT was only available on ordered cars; all the cars on the lot are almost always Tip if you check dealer inventories online.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
I actually think I remember reading/hearing that the 6MT was only available on ordered cars; all the cars on the lot are almost always Tip if you check dealer inventories online.
Exactly, and since we now know general pricing, the Cayenne has what over an X5 M?

Old 04-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Teamspeed Member
AutoCEO is an unknown quantity at this point
I think BMW did a great job with the pricing, as mentioned the warranty is unbelievable. I believe it will impact the sales of other high-end SUV's such as the Cayenne, ML63, Range Rover, etc. Cant wait to see one in person!

Quick Reply: BMWNA X5M & X6M Pricing