Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Auto Bild Germany Comparison: BMW M3 GTS/Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 08:07 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
thanks!

No shit,this guy and his son swap cars by the week...
I know that he is into marketing as well and has his office right next to his mansion,so they might have access tp press cars

many of his cars have Mille Miglia stickers on them....even the G55.
But I like his Stirling Moss the most....just pure awesomeness

Old 08-13-2010, 08:20 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
what a life. I swap my rides daily but only when I have to change from the S-bahn to the U-bahn

dude u HAVE to get more pics of his rides. IMO the GTS pics are totally thread worthy. What an awesome spot. I can't stop drooling over them. I checked this thread at least 5 times the last hour.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:31 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
lol!

yes....he`s a very down to earth guy...so maybe he`s cool with letting me check out some of his cars someday..

Old 08-14-2010, 05:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool pics ECB, your neighbour seems like a guy worth getting to know

Originally Posted by ECB
The E46 M3 CSL was much more track orientated than the GTS....with a lateral G-load of 1,50 G it still is a badass track toy
I wonder why some people think so. In what way is the CSL less compromising and more track orientated than the GTS?
Personally I think the GTS is more than a worthy succesor and would pick it over the CSL any day.

Old 08-14-2010, 08:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
yep agree with the above. The CSL was track focused but not in the way the GTS is. It came with rubbish 1 pot brakes and had no roll cage. With a few tweaks the csl was legendary granted but this GTS looks like it has moved the game on. Still think its too expensive for what it is though.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:47 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
oh....wtf,how did I write such a shit? haha
omg..
the GTS is more focused than any road legal Bimmer I`ve ever seen..
saw it again half an hour ago when I came home
Let me tell you,this car looks stupid for street use...the camber,the cage,the wing,the racing seats...all focused on racing!And I love it!

I don`t know why I`m drooling so much over this car...maybe because it`s a BMW and I was raised with Bimmers and was born in Munich? dunno...

btw,the wing (which comes from the WTTC car) is not as big or distracting as I thought it would be from looking at pics.
And the exhaust is simply an Akrapovic exhaust..

I don`t know why they only produce it in orange,since the white/blue //M scheme would be really cool on this car.
Or all black....woooooozaa

Old 08-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
GTS is nice but too pricey.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
Arch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Warming up an old dish

Originally Posted by ECB
oh....wtf,how did I write such a shit? haha
omg..
the GTS is more focused than any road legal Bimmer I`ve ever seen..
saw it again half an hour ago when I came home
Let me tell you,this car looks stupid for street use...the camber,the cage,the wing,the racing seats...all focused on racing!And I love it!

And the exhaust is simply an Akrapovic exhaust..
Hi E
Not that you´re writing shit it´s just that the GTS was underestimated when first seen and released. The car really is a fantastic track orientated machine but can also be driven smoothly on the raods.. thank goodness.

I don´t think that your neighbors car is a press car as the license plates are not M (there are only 3 of those)

& BTW the exhaust system is not Akra but "Lightweight Titanium Auspuff"
which is MUCH louder that akra !!

Old 04-30-2011, 07:19 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
3RS is light years ahead

Old 04-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Teamspeed Member
Arch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
3RS is light years ahead
Absolutely no denial on my part
The two cars are philosophically two different worlds but the GTS has been well done & is a worthy track car.
I try not to compare these two specifically because of the animosity the topics bring along. I love both cars but accept the fact that you just cannot or better should not compare them.

Quick Reply: Auto Bild Germany Comparison: BMW M3 GTS/Porsche 911 GT3 RS