Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Hit the strip last night!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010 | 03:47 AM
|
Banned
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
Hit the strip last night!

I only did two runs last night! And then had to rush home for dinner!

My first run was with MDM on, D5. And I got a lousy 13.334@187km/h. My 2nd run I decided to run in S6 with DSC off of course. But had to be very gentle off the line.. but stil can't seem to control the bogging!

Now I know for a fact that if I had done another run, I would have used Launch Control for the first time in my life... and most certainly knocked a whole second of my time. But I would probably have ended up with my rear end diffs or shaft all over the start line!

I was running on OEM wheels and OEM Conti tyres.

Here's the video of my 2nd run

YouTube - At the Drag Strip

Old 04-10-2010 | 03:53 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
That thing hauls ass!

Old 04-10-2010 | 05:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
niiice

Old 04-10-2010 | 06:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
with that trapspeed your in the 11s with a perfect start! Great run

Old 04-10-2010 | 10:55 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
I have seen and run against numerous E60's at the Wednesday night drags at Infineon. The only time I have ever seen one break 13 sec. is with the DSC on with a hard launch at high rpms. The E60 has no low end torque, but it pulls like a freight train at high rpms. The key to a low ET is that all important 60' time. For an E60 to run well into the 12's, you will need a 60' time of 1.9 or lower. You will need to use the DSC with a hard launch to get that time.

Here is a post I made after going against an E60 in my 71 Bronco at Infineon. (FYI my Bronco has 600 hp ) I ran a 13.1 at 101 with a 1.9 60', he ran a 13.3 at 113 with a 2.3 60' time.

Originally Posted by BigE
Here is the time slip from last night when I took the Bronco to the strip for open drag night at Infineon. A new M5 was in the other lane. I launched the Bronco easy (no brake stand and squeezed into the throttle as opposed to brakestanding and/or stomping the throttle off the line) and manually shifted at 5,000 rpms (let off gas, move lever, stomp on gas). It was not breathing well above 5k rpms The shift from 2nd to 3rd at 90 or so mph killed my trap speed. Still a 13.1 on 32" off-road tires with a soft launch and slow/short-shifting is not bad

I was not sure how it was going to run, but this was a great first run. It launched easy and ran straight and true down the strip. The guy driving the M5 was stunned when I jumped out 3-4 lengths on him right off the line and held him off for the entire run.

Its time to put the Bronco on a chassis dyno with a computer hooked up to it. Need to dial in the high-rpm A/F mixture as well as the trans shift points. I see low 12's out of this beast very soon

The Bronco was car 189 on the slip. The other car on this slip was a new M5.

Last edited by BigE; 04-10-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-10-2010 | 11:21 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
BRN813 is on a distinguished roadBRN813 is on a distinguished roadBRN813 is on a distinguished roadBRN813 is on a distinguished roadBRN813 is on a distinguished road
Nice numbers bro. you should have fitted DR's and do a high rpm launch and you would've easily taken a whole second off the slip.

but i know you dont wanna be dealing with EM later.

Old 04-10-2010 | 11:29 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Very impressive, bro! Nice vid and your E60 M5 is sick!

Old 04-11-2010 | 01:15 AM
|
Banned
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys, some still shots!

Attached Images    
Old 04-11-2010 | 02:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty fast time for something as heavy as the M5!

Old 04-11-2010 | 07:06 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Thats not a decent launch, its pretty good what I liked is when Stang LX 5.0 in your rear view mirror.

Quick Reply: Hit the strip last night!