Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

OK this is getting old

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010 | 06:57 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
sy1616 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by SoCal
Why don't you just get a newer M5?? V10-check. 500 hp-check. Fast as FVCK-check check check.
"Fast as FVCK"....not, not with that limp wristed torque, but an E55 instead

Old 04-24-2010 | 07:39 PM
|
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sy1616
"Fast as FVCK"....not, not with that limp wristed torque, but an E55 instead
I want stick shift, and I want non ugly body style, and hopefully by early next week, I will have an E39 M5.

Old 04-24-2010 | 09:03 PM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
Just checked out the pics on eBay and wow-o-wow that's one gorgeous e39 M5. I keep starring at the pics...looks brand new. I hope you pick this one up. What a Bimmer!

Old 04-25-2010 | 12:11 AM
|
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mtechnik
Just checked out the pics on eBay and wow-o-wow that's one gorgeous e39 M5. I keep starring at the pics...looks brand new. I hope you pick this one up. What a Bimmer!
No, I let this one go because it's a ticking time bomb.

The guy never changed the diff, coolant, power steering, brake fluid, etc. All those fluids are from 2003!

If the fluids had been up to date, I would have been driving around this car now.

Old 04-25-2010 | 12:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
propr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond reputepropr`one has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
I am the highest bidder, but decided not to go higher because I found out that the car still has all original fluids. That's just a ticking time bomb.

Anyway, I might be completing the transaction on an M5 Monday or Tuesday.
ad says diff/oil/tranny fluid were changed 1600miles.

Also, get a e63 if you're considering a merc over the bmw.

Old 04-25-2010 | 11:14 PM
|
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by propr`one
ad says diff/oil/tranny fluid were changed 1600miles.

Also, get a e63 if you're considering a merc over the bmw.
Yes, he missed the 1200 mile service by 400 miles, and that was the last time the trans and diff fluid was changed.

The coolant is original, so are the brake fluid, the power steering fluid, etc.

That is nuts for a car that is almost 8 years old.

I will never consider a Benz, they are automatics.

Old 04-28-2010 | 07:12 PM
pak
Teamspeed Member
pak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the rough
stuka.....check these out.

they're a bit overpriced, but worth a try. haven't seen any good imola red ones out there lately.

anthracite grey Cars for Sale: 2003 BMW M5 Sedan in DADE CITY, FL 33525: Sedan Details - 278832675 - AutoTrader.com

carbon black Cars for Sale: 2003 BMW M5 Sedan in SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103: Sedan Details - 272659754 - AutoTrader.com

i'm on my second e39 M5 and i've considered getting something else several times, but nothing is as appealing or as raw as the e39. so, i decided to keep it and extend my easycare warranty. you've got the right plan....pick one up w/ a warranty and drive it forever. this car has a presence on the road that is hard to beat....classic lines that make the car look much more aggressive and aesthetically pleasing than an E60 imo.

plus, it's nice to roll a car that is quite rare these days. there are only 30 03' models for sale on autotrader. i went by my dealer yesterday and he was cool enough to pull up some auction numbers on my 2001. there are none at the auctions currently.....this is quite a niche market.

hope this helps.

pak

Old 04-28-2010 | 07:19 PM
pak
Teamspeed Member
pak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the rough
Old 04-28-2010 | 07:57 PM
|
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by pak
stuka.....check these out.

they're a bit overpriced, but worth a try. haven't seen any good imola red ones out there lately.

anthracite grey Cars for Sale: 2003 BMW M5 Sedan in DADE CITY, FL 33525: Sedan Details - 278832675 - AutoTrader.com
I thought that sterling looked familiar, so I checked the VIN.

That's the one I almost bought, that car is worth maybe 20K given the mileage.

The entire front end was resprayed, and resprayed badly that you can see the overspray.

Why do people lie in this day and age when a paint meter is easily accessible?

Old 04-28-2010 | 07:58 PM
|
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Thanks for your help.

I am finalizing the paperwork on a low mile 2003 CB/black extended leather M5 as we speak with no paintwork. Fingers crossed.