Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Cancelled S5 order, then ordered M3 Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:44 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Cancelled S5 order, then ordered M3 Sedan

So, my Audi dealer did a couple things that I did not quite appreciate, just after ordering an S5 from them. Couple mentions of "adjusting" the price, made me wary; then found out that they had a car in the showroom that was close to what I ordered, and did not offer it.

Small stuff, but it grated on me.

So this past weekend I had some unexpected free time, and I stopped by the Bimmer dealer closest to me, just for the hell of it. When I walked into the showroom, there sat two M3's! One red, one silver. I have to say, that from the front, they looked aggressive as hell. None of the photo's I have seen does anything resembling justice to these cars!

The one thing that I did not notice is that one of the 3's, was the sedan. Now I know what you're saying... 4 doors, WTF are you thinking??? Well, what I'm thinking is that I've a fledging software company, and I still need to haul other rear ends around from time to time. And the light at the end of the tunnel has officially been switched on, and exit strategy from my little company is 6-10 months out. I'll get a play thing then... So I need a DD...

The sales guy was great. No pressure, we meshed well. He wasted no time in asking if I'd like to go for a drive. Damn sure did... And wow... I thought that the S5 was a good fit on my 6'1", 220 lb frame, but this car fit like my favorite pair of jeans and t-shirt. And surprisingly, even with the front seat in a position to where I was comfortable in the drivers seat, it left a guy my size enough room in the back. Good sign...

Now because I only had a little free time, I was only able to get out on the main drag, and a couple back roads. And let me tell you, there is a marked difference in how the car drives in traffic and how it drives when you're pushing it. I'm no high caliber driver like a lot of you, but I did club race Ducati's for a few years, I know how to get into a turn, and where to apply throttle (brakes = different story, don't like em ). This car, even in its sedan trim, is a DD monster!

I do not know that I will be able to understand those that say the car is too heavy. It may be a bit heavy to the old school guys, but you will not notice that on a daily basis. If you do, then you're just nitpicking...

I'm going to go back up to the dealer this week and get it out on the interstate, which at this point, is just for kicks; because I placed the order...

The waiting list on the sedan is not so bad, which I'm sure will not surprise many of you. And they did not mark the car up at all. In fact, I think that I'm getting a helluva car for the money. Just over $67 and change, totally loaded.
Interlagos blue
Extended Fox Red interior: It may sound funny, but that color is more of a terra cotta, and it looks opulent as hell.
carbon trim
Premium package
Tech package
upgraded 19" wheels
folding seats (just in case)
power mirrors (why not?)
upgraded stereo w/ipod attach, satellite

For a daily car, after driving this thing.... I can't imagine a more perfect daily car. I'm stoked because this past year has been a long hard haul, where my partner and I haven't taken paychecks so that we could pay our developers. And now that we've picked up a stunning set of board of advisor members/investors, this car is the official light switch at the end of a long tunnel.

Now... I suppose I need to start planning out mods...

Old 03-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Good choice

Old 03-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats. I am thinking about getting the coupe, just waiting it out a bit.....

Old 03-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds hot... I can't wait to see that color combo in pics. When I built one online, my wife thought I was nuts when I picked the same thing.

Also, I think the E90 sedan looks better than the E92 coupe (opposite of the E46 body). Good choice, brother...

Old 03-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats. The M boys make a good product. You will be happy.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:20 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats. My local dealer has an Interlagos Blue coupe in the showroom and I have to say, the E92 looks amazing in that color. How long will it take?

Old 03-24-2008, 08:25 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ara
Congrats. My local dealer has an Interlagos Blue coupe in the showroom and I have to say, the E92 looks amazing in that color. How long will it take?
At the outside, 2 months. I spoke to my sales guy today, he will have a date for me tomorrow. Apparently, the waiting lists will disappear quickly because the mothership has ratcheted up production of the M's in a huge way.

I have to say, when I ordered the S5, it didn't really feel "real"; perhaps because Audi was so nonchalant about it. But BMW has been 180 degrees different. They're already treating me a helluva lot better than Audi! I'm far more excited about this. My wife's totally into it too. She actually likes this car...

Another very cool thing... One of my long time Brazilian Jiujitsu students is a tech supervisor at one of the Bimmer dealers here in town. Free maint and mod installs! He was a friend when I started teaching him, I wouldn't take $$ from him, so he's down with returning the favor.

I'm so friggin pumped...

Old 03-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
LOVE it Brother! And Interlagos is THE color IMO . . .

Old 03-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations! The M3 is outstanding. Enjoy the heck out of it.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
roccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! I'm sure you will enjoy it, and I understand the frustration with the S5. AoA has not done the best job of communicating and setting customer expectations regarding delivery times, etc

Quick Reply: Cancelled S5 order, then ordered M3 Sedan