Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

E39 M5: The best sports sedan ever made?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Jox is crazy. The E39 M is a classic and easily my favourite sports sedan.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:33 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
Jox is crazy. The E39 M is a classic and easily my favourite sports sedan.
Such a faggot thing to say.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Benchmark setter for sure. Although the design is a bit outdated. A former work partner of mine had a gorgeous Jet Black one a few years back that I would always drool over in the parking garage. Took me for a spin and can honestly say it's the first car that scared the living $hit outta me. Low end grunt was insane.

I'd get one for a DD for sure if the potential maintenance costs weren't an issue.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Banned
TORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of lightTORCH FRC is a glorious beacon of light
The E39 M5 is something special for sure. I was really suprised at the acceleration from such a heavy car. It looks stunning too.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
It truly is a great sedan. That 6spd gearbox is simply amazing.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
Tiff Needall has said it is one of the best balanced cares he has driven. Check out the fifth gear review with him driving it in the rain.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Such a faggot thing to say.
Listen you flamer, take your gayness elsewhere. The E39 M is not a car for sisses.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
Tiff Needall has said it is one of the best balanced cares he has driven. Check out the fifth gear review with him driving it in the rain.
I remember that being one of the first car videos on the net that was a viral sensation. In fact I think that may have been when he was part of the Top Gear Crew.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Benchmark setter for sure. Although the design is a bit outdated.
I really can't think of another sports sedan that pushed the limits of capability, and executed the overall car as well as BMW did with the E39 M5. It will basically run with an RS4, has a very usable powerband, comfortable, feels like a vault - and is proper with it's 6 speed only gearbox and heavy clutch.

Although a little dated by todays standards, the NAV, stereo, and DSC programs are acceptable as well.

And, there is something to say about the styling of the car. It still looks the part, with its chunky wheels and tires, hungered stance, and subtle mirror and bodywork cues. But, it's thought out and sustainable, not overt like an Audi RS or Mercedes AMG.

Of course, it was built by a BMW Motorsport division that was more disciplined, and less diluted. A group that had strong ideas and guidelines for their vehicle development, and had yet to let their marketing department take over. Those who counted would understand. A saloon car for individuals that knew the true joys of driving, and demanded them.

Last edited by M5Kid; 01-08-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute

Quick Reply: E39 M5: The best sports sedan ever made?