Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

BMW working on a more potent M3??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I think the wing is just being used to gather data on how much downforce a new rear trunk will need to produce. Not the first test car to sport a goofy rear wing.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
The reason I like the idea of building this car is that it will produce factory parts that I can put on my car. Bigger brakes is a must and I like your idea of no rear seats. I've removed mine for a track day before and they are some heavy mofos.
Just imagine what an already incredible M3 would feel like with an additional 30HP/TQ, a 150lb weight reduction, and fade free brakes.

BMW needs to produce something that pushes the envelope a little more. With the introduction of both Mercedes' Black Series, and the V10 R8, they (BMW) are looking a tad soft, IMO.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:08 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I'd get the special edition one in blue with the black wheels, looks more appealing.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:28 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
I`d prefer the new M1

Old 10-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
An E92 M3 CSL would be great! I know BMW said they wouldn't build one in the past but given how quickly the competition has been sprouting up lately, BMW would be foolish not to reconsider.

Old 10-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

Originally Posted by M5Kid
Just imagine what an already incredible M3 would feel like with an additional 30HP/TQ, a 150lb weight reduction, and fade free brakes.

BMW needs to produce something that pushes the envelope a little more. With the introduction of both Mercedes' Black Series, and the V10 R8, they (BMW) are looking a tad soft, IMO.
and quitting f1

Old 10-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M5Kid
My proposal: A E92 M3 CSL. Only available in the E92 platform, with a carbon fiber roof, slightly lower and fixed suspension (no EDC), uncorked exhaust, tweaked motor, racing bucket seats, and no rears. Oh, and carbon ceramic brakes, or some type of BMW/Brembo compilation that is more than up to the task of hard track use.
+1

def the new m3 csl

Old 10-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of light
It won't be a csl, it's being built on the GT platform. I'm sure it won't be 120k either.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
After further inspection, I'm wondering if this is even a BMW factory car to begin with. It could be a private owner who decided to put a wing on his M3. I always thought that BMW wouldn't display their emblem on a prototype mule car, but this one obviously has said emblem. Hopefully, it is an up coming 'more potent' M3, but I'm just feeling a little skeptical today.

Attached Images   
Old 10-17-2009, 12:26 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Here is the info from Scott at Germancarzone who obviously works for BMW

We will be doing something to runout the current E92 M3 as well as the E82 Coupe. But the M Division have manged to transplant the M5's KERS technology to the M3 With the E82 the E92 will be available in two versions one fully equipped with luxuries you would expect from the standard M3 or 135i Coupe and another more stripped out car for real performance enthusiasts.

The 1er will definitely be shown as a Concept Car in the not so distant future. The new 1er Sporthatch debuts mid 2011 with the World Premiere noted for the 2011 IAA Frankfurt , so the Coupe should debut about that time as well.

Quick Reply: BMW working on a more potent M3??