Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Drove the X5 m today

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
So I drove the X5M yesterday. I must say that I expected more. It didn't feel as fast as I had hoped it would. How quick is it again?? Is it quicker than the M3?

A couple of things I was disappointed with. I thought it was too quiet and needs more rumble in the exhaust, the wheels aren't aggressive enough, and the body styling should have been more aggressive as well. So right off the bat, I would change the exhaust, and wheels if I ordered one. I think I will be ordering an X6M in Carbon Black with the Saddle interior early next year if things go well.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:35 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
guys,you have to drive the car around corners

that`s where the M division really put its efforts in

I think the X5/X6 M is great!

But I`d have a hard time deciding between a Cayenne Turbo/GTS and a BMW...
the Porsche Interior and exhaust note is just so much nicer...whereas the BMW is handling way better

Old 09-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, the BMW handled great. The dealer knows me pretty well, and didn't mind me really giving it a test. I was impressed.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:02 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Ranton is on a distinguished roadRanton is on a distinguished roadRanton is on a distinguished roadRanton is on a distinguished road
I heard my first X5M today. Not sure how they did it, but the exhaust note on that car does not sound remotely close to a what blower engines usually sounds like. Very impressive!

Old 09-27-2009, 05:45 AM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
This engine + F10 5 series = M5????

Old 09-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I think I'd still go for a Cayenne GTS... I think it's the best balance of sport, power, etc. The X6 in any form is hideous.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:59 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cupcake of bahrain
This engine + F10 5 series = M5????
yes...sadly this will be the engine for the next M5

I think BMW should have given it a twin turbo V10 like the RS6 has

the V10 sound is simply unique..

Old 09-27-2009, 01:39 PM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
I agree... I'm very disappointed at the latest developments at M division.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!HIRISC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
The ///X5 is quicker than it feels.

Turbo lag is non-existent compared to the CT/CTS.

Different feel than the ML. Quieter (for me, fine). The ///X should be quicker given the hp/tq to weight, but the reality could be different. If anyone has an ML63 near Minneapolis, PM me here or 6speed.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:52 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Its a looker allright, very nice.

Quick Reply: Drove the X5 m today