Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Exclusive BMW M3 Edition Models Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Is it still open caliper single piston brakes?

And it's officially not coming to the U.S.

Old 12-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
brabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant futurebrabusk8 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ECB
yes...your 2 cents.
I respect that

Jamie already owns some badass cars so we`re not talking about it as a competitor to the GT3 but as an successor to the regular M3.

btw...it`s much better than the old CSL...
they did more to it and even brought up the topic in their press release,telling that they did not want to redo another CSL on base of the new M3,but develop a completely new and improved,track ready M3!

the wing is ugly but is fitted for a reason...but I`m sure you can take it off when not tracking the car.
and another great thing is that it will be much more rare than the GT3 or the old CSL,since it will be built specifically for you and only upon an inquiry
And

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEwk6...ayer_embedded#

you make some valid points, built i would rather do a build like this, and have a proper 6spd, i know the dct is amazing Ive driven my friends wich is outstanding but shifting on your own just feels so much more involving....and the build quality by turner looks amazing.

but i think jamie should just buy the standard and upgrade the breaks and mod it how he feels, i really like the special edition frozen grey metallic M3.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:16 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
Is it still open caliper single piston brakes?

And it's officially not coming to the U.S.
6 piston fixed caliper up front and 4 pistons in the rear

and the GTS will be available for other countries as well

Originally Posted by BMW M-Power
The first vehicles are due to be supplied in May 2010. For technical reasons relating to registration, the first vehicles to be produced will be those for individual registration in Germany. According to current planning, registrations in other countries will be possible from summer 2010.
https://www.m-power.com/_open/b/edit...d=2017&lang=en

brabusk8,

I think there is more to the GTS than performance and looks
it also has a certain value as a collectors car,since it will be very rare
It`s not an aftermarket product of independet tuners,but a genuine product of the M GmbH,offers full warranty and is simply something very special to aquire
I`m sure there are many other tuned M3s that might kicks the GTSs butt,but I simply like the fact that it is entirely crafted by BMW and is some sort of a official street legal cup car and nobody but you and a few chosen ones own the real deal,e.g. the GTS

Last edited by ECB; 12-05-2009 at 09:31 AM.