Notices
Bentley | Rolls Royce | Land Rover Continental GT, GTC, Flying Spur, Arnage, Azure, Brooklands, Phantom & Land Rover Discussion Forum.

Bentley future plans revealed - launches of new models moved ahead

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 10:24 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Bentley future plans revealed - launches of new models moved ahead

According to the Auto News:

Bentley speeds up product development

Bentley has pulled ahead some vehicle launches by six months in response to the expected economic recovery next year.

The second-generation Bentley Continental GT and the new Mulsanne sedan will debut in 2010 instead of 2011. The next-generation Flying Spur has been advanced to 2011 from 2012. Bentley hopes the new vehicles will revive sales.

Here are Bentley's product plans:

Continental GT: The high-performance Continental GT Supersports coupe goes on sale this month. Bentley will produce the limited-edition car through 2011 with an estimated price of $260,000. The U.S. allocation is capped at 250 cars.

The Supersports is the top of the Continental range. It is equipped with a 621-hp, 6.0-liter W-12 engine that promises 0-to-60-mph acceleration in 3.7 seconds.

A restyling and re-engineering of the Continental GT is planned for the second half of 2010. The design changes are expected to give the coupe a significantly different appearance. Bentley will sell both the old and new generations of the Continental GT into 2011, when the first generation will be discontinued.

Flying Spur: The sedan will be restyled in 2011.

GTC: The convertible will be re-styled in 2012.

Brooklands: The Brooklands coupe will be discontinued in 2010. Production is limited to 550 cars, with 170 allocated to the United States. Deliveries will continue into next year.

Arnage: The Arnage sedan will be discontinued in 2010.

Mulsanne: The Mulsanne sedan will replace the Arnage in 2010 as Bentley's halo car. The design recalls the Bentley S-Type of the 1950s.

Power will come from a new V-8 mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission. Bentley executives say other body styles are planned, hinting that a convertible may replace the Azure in the coming years.

Worldwide, Bentley executives expect to sell about 700 Mulsannes a year. The price: about $300,000.

Azure: The convertible ends production in 2010.

Source:

Auto News

P.S. Not even a single word about Bentley supercar concept which was rumored, I really hope Bentley will take a brave pill and bring it.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'm looking forward to a Continental replacement.

Old 02-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I'm looking forward to a Continental replacement.
I'm looking forward to a knee replacement.

I don't know why I said that . . .

Old 02-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I'm looking forward to a knee replacement.

I don't know why I said that . . .
I wonder which will have a higher MSRP...

I hope they'll make you good as new, bro.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the info D55L!