Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

M5 vs Q7 V12 TDI Dragrace

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
at the end he says that the m5 is 2 seconds quicker to 100 mph. that equates to bus lengths. i'm sure in those wet conditions, the q7 will keep pace, but in normal dry conditions, this race isn't close.

with that being said, i wish we would get the diesel here. i wouldn't mind having one of those in my garage.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craigger
I'd take a W-12 or v-!0 Tourag first... the Q7 is ugly.

W12 Touareg ftw.....the V10 Touareg is such a monster I'm sure this V12 TDI Q7 should be even more mad

Old 04-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
I wish they'd put that in the R8!!! Nice video!

Originally Posted by BigE
Besides how quick it is, the thing I find most amazing is the complete lack of smoke under hard acceleration. I have a F250 Diesel that is chipped, intake, exhaust, etc that smokes like a coal factory when you get on it like that.
It's all in the tuning... Is it a custom tuned chip or is it off the shelf variety? I have a 7.3 with a 66mm T4 foot print turbo, twin oil pumps, among a zillion other stupid mods and I can barely get a haze - that's with just a 4" DP for the exhaust exiting under the passenger... but I'm maxing out the injectors I have

Be careful it's not over-timed - TS Performance & Western Diesel wrote programs known for that and on the 01-03 trucks the rods have been known to go on vacation with great frequency

Same thing goes with the 6.0.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
inner is an unknown quantity at this point
That V12 diesel is insane. Think I just jizzed my pants

Old 04-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
I wish they'd put that in the R8!!! Nice video!

It's all in the tuning... Is it a custom tuned chip or is it off the shelf variety? I have a 7.3 with a 66mm T4 foot print turbo, twin oil pumps, among a zillion other stupid mods and I can barely get a haze - that's with just a 4" DP for the exhaust exiting under the passenger... but I'm maxing out the injectors I have

Be careful it's not over-timed - TS Performance & Western Diesel wrote programs known for that and on the 01-03 trucks the rods have been known to go on vacation with great frequency

Same thing goes with the 6.0.
DP Tuner FTW!!!! - and its a forged rod 00 7.3. You know the rest Thanks again for the PM and all the info