Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

E39 Experts, need some advice....

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 01:43 PM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
MAF ( Mass Air Flow ) sensors on most cars tend to get soiled, especially on modified cars with cold air intake systems which incorporate oil based filters.

You either clean the MAF's or replace them.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you again, all of you, for this great info. As much as I love the M5, the reality is that shifting gears while constantly on the phone as my job requires will quickly become a pain in the ass.

I had a 540i Sport back in 1998 with an auto box and loved that car. That 4.4 motor has such a broad and flat torque curve. I loved the way that car had no discernible drop off in thrust through the first 3 gears (of the 5 speed auto). Third was an absolute magical gear. Unreal thrust from 50 to 100+

I am leaning toward a 540i sport wagon with an auto. I will probably want to do a few mods. Maybe an intake, exhaust and ECU. Most of the 540i wagons I am seeing for sale are silver. I would love to find a nice, low mile, black example with sport wheels and tan interior. The search is on, but I can be patient in looking for the right example.

Any more info on 540i's would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again.