Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

Pennsylvania to Seattle in an E46 M3

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009 | 09:38 PM
|
Teamspeed Member
Thatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond repute
Pennsylvania to Seattle in an E46 M3

What does $14k buy you these days? An e46 M3 from the East Coast. Perfect excuse to make another drive across the country and to visit friends and family in PA.

The next day I flew into Philly, where my friend picked me up at the airport. That night we got the M3 in West Chester, PA.
Our first stop was Moonlite Motorwerks to say hi to Marc and Paul and pick up a part

Next stop; Dresden Autowerks in West Chester

we threw in a new cam position sensor in the M3 and installed a Dinan short shift kit

me running on no sleep

Thanks to Neal at Otto's BMW for my parts

Thursday we detailed my car, along with Jason's '05

Spent some family time at my aunt's house in Devon, PA Friday and Saturday

Saturday I drove up to Coopersburg PA to hang out with my friend Ryan who would be making the drive back to Seattle with me

Sunday (today) we left Ryan's house in Coopersburg

Stopped in York PA to visit my good friend Cory

Monday we drove from Columbus, Ohio to Lawrence, Kansas.

Getting pulled over in Indiana by an undercover Mustang:
The cop asked Ryan how fast he thought he was going and Ryan said "I'm not sure..80?"
The cop replied "I clocked you going 71."
Ryan: "oh."

There were so many cops in Indiananapolis it was ridiculous.

St. Louis:

Old 03-31-2009 | 09:39 PM
|
Teamspeed Member
Thatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond repute
Tuesday we drove from Kansas to Steamboat Springs, Colorado for st patty's day.. perfect town to celebrate.
Such a fun drive on I-40 through the Rockies!! Absolutely amazing. We had a few close encounters with the police in Kansas but did not get pulled over.

Kansas:

Finally, the Rockies..

At one point we were going 140 and two Pronghorns that looked like African Gazelles came out of nowhere right to the side of the road, we missed them by less than two feet. Would have been bad if we hit them.

The next morning, parked outside our hotel room in Steamboat Springs

Western Colorado, near the Utah Border. This place was called something like The Dinosaur National Monument

Utah:

Colorado was definitely the highlight of the trip. Especially route 40. And Steamboat Springs was the perfect place to celebrate st patty's day.. we had a great time. We arrived back in Seattle Thursday night, Ryan flew back to Philly this morning. Enjoy the pictures

Old 03-31-2009 | 09:44 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
14k? Dang, nice pick up & road trip!

Old 03-31-2009 | 09:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
great post man, looks like fun and the new M looks great. I love that interior.

Old 03-31-2009 | 09:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond repute
I absolutely love post/threads like this. So you got the car for 14K? What's the deal? Seems kind of cheap to me.

Old 03-31-2009 | 10:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Great thread, i love the E46 M3 and road trips.

Your purple pants are just about the gayest item of clothing i've seen on a guy in ages so congrats!

Old 03-31-2009 | 10:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
That's a smokin deal. How many miles, mods, stories?

Old 03-31-2009 | 11:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
This is EXACTLY what I am hoping to do this summer! Where the hell did you find an M3 for 14K? Especially one with a manual trans? I'm wondering the same things as Luis.

Old 03-31-2009 | 11:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
LOL you just drove across the country and all we can say is "what? 14k? Do want!!!"

Old 04-01-2009 | 12:18 AM
Teamspeed Member
Bellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to beholdBellefonte is a splendid one to behold
WOW….right in my area. What dealership did you buy this from? Congrats on the purchase.

Quick Reply: Pennsylvania to Seattle in an E46 M3