Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

BMW M7 Rendered

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009 | 01:17 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
BMW M7 Rendered

BMW has time and time again denied even considering a 7 Series-based M7 luxury high-performance sedan. That doesn't stop the rumour mill from spinning at high speed though. For sure a twelve-cylinder 760i is under production as proven by spy pictures.

But this rendering of a possible BMW M7 may be seen as a nudge to the powers that be by fans that as nice as a 760i might be, it does not replace the craving they experience for something more. The front bumper is certainly M as it resembles other M bumpers from cars like the M5. The side mirrors were strangely left untouched but the wheels got seven double-spoke rims that almost pass as genuine M kit. This artist impression is more like the touch of a feather than a passionate stroke from a Picasso brush.

Sticking with the rumour theme, a BMW M7 would probably use the same 6.0-litre V12 from a 760i and produce in excess of 600hp (441kW) through the use of turbo technology. It would compete with cars like the Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG/ S600 and the Audi S8.

Source: autoblog.nl

Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2009 | 03:52 AM
Teamspeed Member
Arch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Question Let´s pretend..

Nice shop, thanks but lets make it worth while :

Let´s just say we´re going off the block here and everyone had the possibility to desing an ///M7
How would every one go around with the idea ?
Bear in mind that this is the flagship & is to stay a luxury sedan !

I´m no ace at PS so I can only give my input, sorry

- Try and get the rearviewers oval or shaped differently then you´ll be getting there.
- The sideskirts have to be broader too.

Old 02-08-2009 | 12:07 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Radiation Joe is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I don't have the skills or time to photoshop a new M7, but I can talk tech.

Why not take one of the existing M motors, like the V10 and turbo it. They can tone down the cams, lower the compression a smidge and build a 600 hp engine that builds 500 lb-ft of torque from 1700 rpm to 6500. It might be lighter than the V12 and would be more in line with keeping the vehicle dynamics on a higher plane.

Or they could duplicate Dinan's approach, give up some torque, but also lose the complication and weight of the turbos, intercoolers, etc.. I personally like the idea of a 5.7 liter, 600 hp, n/a, M7.

Old 02-08-2009 | 12:14 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
On the visual side, lowered, perhaps a more aggressive front fascia and side skirts along with a "diffuser" style lower rear treatment with unique exhaust. M style wheels with huge brakes and large monoblock calipers.

Mechanically, perhaps a supercharger will get the torque where it needs to be to give a 4,500lb+ car the proper M car acceleration and power.