Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

BMW M7 spotted?! or twin turbo V12 760i?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 04:15 AM
Teamspeed Member
Arch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyBahama
seems odd that they would kill the CS and make a M7 instead
The CS has not been killed just put on ice. The response at all of the car shows was very positive when they introduced the CS but the enthusiasm was not what they had expected. CS might come 2011.

Originally Posted by M5Kid
When did they build an M X5 or X3?
The X5M and X6M are already builded but will be releasesd this March at the Autosalon in Geneva. I will take pics and post There was an exclusive interview with Jochen Neerpasch, Ludwig Willisch & Bernd Limmer (BMWs M test driver & head of development for the X-series) in last years Auto Bild - Sportscars with a 60 min Bonus DVD where they showed the prototypes driving and we get a look at the X6M proto during a run.

As for M7s as I said, BMW M told me a few years back that there were absolutely no plans for an M7 to ever be builded as they considder the series to be a ultimate luxury class line. They have an exclusive build up of other projects with Induvidual which they incorperate in the 7´s and they believe that a AMG S ** is just not in the image of thier customership. The true performance drivers @ BMW will grab an M5 if they want both.

I asked for the simple reason because AMG and Audi were doing it and they responded: "AMG only puts a body kit on and plant the motors, tune up the car somewhat and voilá AMG S **, and have you ever seen an Audi RS8 ?"

Old 01-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
j.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond repute
hey it doesnt hurt to dream haha

the thing is i think the design of the rear is too aggressive for it to be the a 760i, in my opinion. so it could possibly be the new Alpina B7, but there were already spy shots of that car and the rear was completely different

Old 01-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
Arch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by j.a.cadet

the thing is i think the design of the rear is too aggressive for it to be the a 760i, in my opinion. so it could possibly be the new Alpina B7, but there were already spy shots of that car and the rear was completely different

This picture right here leads to the conclusion that this is in fact the new B7 from Alpina as it´s carrying the license plate from Oberallgäu (OAL) C 7 which is thiers & where Buchloe is
looks nice

Old 01-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Well, whether it's a turbo 750/760, the new Alpina B7, or an M7 I'm sure it will be great. BMW needs to do something to compete with the heavy hitter large sedans from Mercedes and Audi.

A turbo 750i with perhaps a little more aggressive sport package would be a great option, IMO.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by .:Raul
wow finally, I've been waiting for this for a long time.......I'd like to see them drop the McClaren engine in a 7 series

Part of the agreement for the engine contract was that BMW could never again use that engine after Mclaren was done with it.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:03 AM
Teamspeed Member
Well, whether it's a turbo 750/760, the new Alpina B7, or an M7 I'm sure it will be great. BMW needs to do something to compete with the heavy hitter large sedans from Mercedes and Audi.

A turbo 750i with perhaps a little more aggressive sport package would be a great option, IMO.
100% Agree BMW needs to hit the market with something very exciting... like the CS

Old 01-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have any of those spy shots of the Alpina?

Old 01-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
my response to your quote:
"never say never"
thats the name of my friend's boat (a lovely boat i might add)
Your friend's name wouldn't happen to be Mr. Lamotta would it??

Last edited by Barrister; 01-11-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute

true, but i think they are making the right steps. for example bringing AWD to the 7, that added at least one sale to the books (my dad loves the 7 but since moving to boston he decided he will only by AWD cars from now on)

Old 01-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
j.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond reputej.a.cadet has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 45otto
Do you have any of those spy shots of the Alpina?
that is it

Quick Reply: BMW M7 spotted?! or twin turbo V12 760i?!