Notices
///M BMW's Motorsport Inspired Road Cars Discussion Forum.
Powered by CARiD.com

M3 Detailed by Moe - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M5Kid
What is a good product for bringing back the matte finish to the steering wheel, and the natural look to the leather seats and trim?
Very simple...

Autoglym Interior Cleaner/Shampoo

Best stuff ever to clean the leather, carpets, vinyl, plastic, etc. Been using it for 13 years and haven't found anything better.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Does Moe meter the car first to avoid taking too much clearcoat off?

Old 01-23-2009, 11:29 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure Moe will chime in here pretty soon. I know he has a meter, so I assume he does.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
Does Moe meter the car first to avoid taking too much clearcoat off?
You don't need to measure the paint all the time. Only when machine polishing do I measure the paint. You must also remember, polishing the paint isn't removing a lot of clear, it's when you sand or compound that it's crucial to know how much material you have to work with.

If you're hand polishing, like i did on Ara's M3, there is no need for measuring the paint. Only if you're curious to know how much paint is on the car or need to measure for bodywork. Hope this answers your question.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
You don't need to measure the paint all the time. Only when machine polishing do I measure the paint. You must also remember, polishing the paint isn't removing a lot of clear, it's when you sand or compound that it's crucial to know how much material you have to work with.

If you're hand polishing, like i did on Ara's M3, there is no need for measuring the paint. Only if you're curious to know how much paint is on the car or need to measure for bodywork. Hope this answers your question.
That does it.

I am scared of machines when it comes to paint anyway, so elbow grease can't take that much off compares to machines?

Old 01-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by stuka
That does it.

I am scared of machines when it comes to paint anyway, so elbow grease can't take that much off compares to machines?
It all depends on the polish/compound you're using. It's best to consult a professional before doing anything yourself. As for machine, nothing to be afraid of as long as it's in the right hands. Polishers like the FLEX XC3401, allow the DIYer to SAFELY and EFFECTIVELY polish the paint as well as a professional. It all depends on the car, the user, and the right advice. So if you've thought about polishing your car, let me know. I can walk you through the process, get you the right products, and help you achieve the goals you're after

Old 01-26-2009, 11:27 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Very simple...

Autoglym Interior Cleaner/Shampoo

Best stuff ever to clean the leather, carpets, vinyl, plastic, etc. Been using it for 13 years and haven't found anything better.
Moe I have been telling Mike for years that was my secret weapon on all the lighter interiors on my cars

Last edited by DJ; 01-26-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Member
Arch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond reputeArch Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ

95 M3 Lightweight graphics ?
Got the car already, send the girl over

Old 01-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Teamspeed Member
ALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond repute
She has got umm...err....hmmm...really pretty eyes?