Notices
Luxury Cruisers and Performance Yachts Sea Ray, Sunseeker, Riva, Chris-Craft, Formula, Wally Boats, Magnum Marine & More Discussion Forum.

47 Wally Power

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 12:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
kraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud of
Definitely not a pretty boat. Sure doesn't look to be 47 feet either. Damn thing doesn't look more than 10 feet wide.

You could not even stay overnight on that thing. I suppose that is not the point of this though, its more to get looks...

Old 08-07-2008, 12:20 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
kraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud ofkraeburn has much to be proud of
Oh, and I love how, for well over 1 million US, you still have what we call in my boating circles as "shower on the sh!tter!"

I really don't get these boats. Sorry for pooping on your thread Hernando, but these boats look so useless to me. Perhaps you can enlighten me, but I don't get it and I have been boating all my life and run a 60 footer motoryacht by myself.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:55 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kraeburn
Oh, and I love how, for well over 1 million US, you still have what we call in my boating circles as "shower on the sh!tter!"

I really don't get these boats. Sorry for pooping on your thread Hernando, but these boats look so useless to me. Perhaps you can enlighten me, but I don't get it and I have been boating all my life and run a 60 footer motoryacht by myself.
No worries. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. The boat is not very practical. It is best used as a day boat. It has a 14.7 foot beam, and is 47 feet. The "shower on the Sh___er" is very uncomfortable, but with the way I would use it, I don't think I will ever shower in it. I would use it to cruise up to Ft. Lauderdale, to the sand bars, to the keys, and occasionally to the Bahamas, and only for day trips. Besides, the fact that I don't normally carry too many people, so it's perfect for me to go out, anchor, have lunch, swim in the ocean, and relax under the sun, then pull up to a restaurant, and back home.

I love the uniqueness of it, and the fact that there are not many out there, and none here in the U.S. If I wanted something that I could stay over night in, I wouldn't be looking for something in that price range anyways. I would now be looking for a Merit or a Rybovich (if i was really into fishing), a Mangusta 80, a Cantieri di Pisa, a Burger, or a larger sailboat; but then I wouldn't use it for the day cruises, besides the fact that I can't afford those yet. For now I'm content with an expensive, outrageous, small, unique day boat and I can stay in nice hotels. Sounds to me like the same mentality goes for Lamborghini and Koenigsegg owners.

But if you really want to know why it's worth all that money to me. 3 words: CARBON FIBER TOILET!

Old 08-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Hernando
No worries. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. The boat is not very practical. It is best used as a day boat. It has a 14.7 foot beam, and is 47 feet. The "shower on the Sh___er" is very uncomfortable, but with the way I would use it, I don't think I will ever shower in it. I would use it to cruise up to Ft. Lauderdale, to the sand bars, to the keys, and occasionally to the Bahamas, and only for day trips. Besides, the fact that I don't normally carry too many people, so it's perfect for me to go out, anchor, have lunch, swim in the ocean, and relax under the sun, then pull up to a restaurant, and back home.

I love the uniqueness of it, and the fact that there are not many out there, and none here in the U.S. If I wanted something that I could stay over night in, I wouldn't be looking for something in that price range anyways. I would now be looking for a Merit or a Rybovich (if i was really into fishing), a Mangusta 80, a Cantieri di Pisa, a Burger, or a larger sailboat; but then I wouldn't use it for the day cruises, besides the fact that I can't afford those yet. For now I'm content with an expensive, outrageous, small, unique day boat and I can stay in nice hotels. Sounds to me like the same mentality goes for Lamborghini and Koenigsegg owners.

But if you really want to know why it's worth all that money to me. 3 words: CARBON FIBER TOILET!
Ok, I can definitely see the appeal of it when used that way. I think I don't like them because the way I use our boat is totally different from that. For how you would use it, its perfect. I also appreciate that you want something very unique, even though the styling of the wally power yachts doesn't do it for me--their sailboats on the other hand look awesome in my eyes.

And 14.7 foot beam is pretty spot on for 47 feet. It didn't look that wide to me in pictures. The way the stern area is designed, I bet it looks rather wide in person. However, I just can't get the image out of my head of someone sliding right off the sunpad right into the water! Perhaps an elegant solution to getting rid of rude guests?

How well do these things handle out on the water? They look to have a deep entry. And also, upon further investigation, they would appear to be very efficient boats. 38 knots from only twin 435's is moving very good, although they only need to move roughly 27,000 lbs. I bet the fuel consumption figures are very good, especially if you cruise in the mid-20s. Our boat is only 9 feet longer and weighs about 70,000 pounds (although it is very different)! I did not realize the composite materials made it that light.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, I can definitely see the appeal of it when used that way. I think I don't like them because the way I use our boat is totally different from that. For how you would use it, its perfect. I also appreciate that you want something very unique, even though the styling of the wally power yachts doesn't do it for me--their sailboats on the other hand look awesome in my eyes.

And 14.7 foot beam is pretty spot on for 47 feet. It didn't look that wide to me in pictures. The way the stern area is designed, I bet it looks rather wide in person. However, I just can't get the image out of my head of someone sliding right off the sunpad right into the water! Perhaps an elegant solution to getting rid of rude guests?

How well do these things handle out on the water? They look to have a deep entry. And also, upon further investigation, they would appear to be very efficient boats. 38 knots from only twin 435's is moving very good, although they only need to move roughly 27,000 lbs. I bet the fuel consumption figures are very good, especially if you cruise in the mid-20s. Our boat is only 9 feet longer and weighs about 70,000 pounds (although it is very different)! I did not realize the composite materials made it that light.
I love the Wally sailboats.

The 47 is a very light boat for it's size. The Composite build makes it so light, and is also one of the reasons for the price. However when you compare the price of a 47 wally to a 47 intrepid, I would go for a wally. The 47 intrepid is $700k.

The Wally 47 can hit 43knots with the Yanmars and the Kamewa water jets. Making it a pretty fast boat, and I would assume an efficient one as well. I believe you can order it with the Volvo IPS system as well. It also has a pretty steep bow that is great when slicing through some larger seas. I don't know the degree of the dead rise, but I have been told by many owners that they have had great rough water performance. The other great thing, is that it has a 2' draft, so i can get into some pretty shallow areas.

I wouldn't say that this boat is a child friendly boat with an open stern like that, but I agree with you, it's a great way to get rid of some rude guests.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Hernando
I love the Wally sailboats.

The 47 is a very light boat for it's size. The Composite build makes it so light, and is also one of the reasons for the price. However when you compare the price of a 47 wally to a 47 intrepid, I would go for a wally. The 47 intrepid is $700k.

The Wally 47 can hit 43knots with the Yanmars and the Kamewa water jets. Making it a pretty fast boat, and I would assume an efficient one as well. I believe you can order it with the Volvo IPS system as well. It also has a pretty steep bow that is great when slicing through some larger seas. I don't know the degree of the dead rise, but I have been told by many owners that they have had great rough water performance. The other great thing, is that it has a 2' draft, so i can get into some pretty shallow areas.

I wouldn't say that this boat is a child friendly boat with an open stern like that, but I agree with you, it's a great way to get rid of some rude guests.
Wow, 2' draft is pretty awesome for a boat of that size. You could get into anywhere with a draft like that. I would assume that the jets, low superstructure, and light weight play major roles in that.

Strange question that I just thought of: if the composite hull gets damaged, how many yards are equipped to repair it? I know that composite construction is not super rare by any means (some custom sportfishermen come to mind) but it seems like if the hull gets whacked into, you could be in for a world of frustration.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Wow, 2' draft is pretty awesome for a boat of that size. You could get into anywhere with a draft like that. I would assume that the jets, low superstructure, and light weight play major roles in that.

Strange question that I just thought of: if the composite hull gets damaged, how many yards are equipped to repair it? I know that composite construction is not super rare by any means (some custom sportfishermen come to mind) but it seems like if the hull gets whacked into, you could be in for a world of frustration.
I never thought of that. I am sure it would be complicated, but then again, I live in South Florida and I am sure that I can find a good place for that here. I can just imagine, might as well boat safely.