Notices
Luxury Cruisers and Performance Yachts Sea Ray, Sunseeker, Riva, Chris-Craft, Formula, Wally Boats, Magnum Marine & More Discussion Forum.

The "Teamspeed Yacht" Picture Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond repute
The Mochi Dolphin -although a beautiful boat- is flawed. Was onboard one a few years back and the build quality was subpar. Cracks in the panelling, fittings that just didn't 'fit' and limited space onboard, as well as the (lack of) walking space on the starboard side and port side of the boat (which made it very difficult to get to bow) were serious turnoffs.

I'd go to a Dutch yacht builder and build a custom boat for Mochi money. /endrant

Old 08-24-2011, 01:08 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
If I made money, I would get this, only slightly smaller, maybe 26 or 27 feet. Different interior setup, more like the Don Don also by Van Dam Boatworks. And some other personal specifications. My god is it pretty though.

Originally Posted by MiniRup
Okay, I'll play. Some of these doesn't count as yachts, but I hope you'll forgive me.
In no particular order:
The MPYD and Van Dam Woodcraft Alpha.
My personal favorite image.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dutchnick
The Mochi Dolphin -although a beautiful boat- is flawed. [...]I'd go to a Dutch yacht builder and build a custom boat for Mochi money. /endrant
Hm, not happy to hear that. I really like the styling of those boats. What year was the Dolphin you were on?
And, since you brought up the issue of price, do you know what the 64'd roughly run?

Old 08-24-2011, 02:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Dutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniRup
Hm, not happy to hear that. I really like the styling of those boats. What year was the Dolphin you were on?
And, since you brought up the issue of price, do you know what the 64'd roughly run?
She was a 2007 and you'd pay roughly €2.2 Million for a 2011.

It's a real shame. The general census by yacht owners and captains is that Italian yachts although beautiful in design, often let you down in technology and build quality. I've seen multiple italian "yachts" (Azimut/Ferretti) and when I compare them to Dutch or German built ships I would totally opt for the latter. You get so much more bang for your buck and many ship builders use the same suppliers, builders and designers as many Mega Yacht firms. Just a few examples:

Holterman 60 Governor. Won the 2011 European powerboat of the year award. She's a displacement yacht so she's definitely not as fast as the Mochi, but she's fully customizable and about €500,000 cheaper.

Mulder 68 Convertible. As fast as the Mochi, convertible roof and 4 feet longer, yet still €500,000 cheaper. She's built like a super yacht. Literally. Also fully customizable.

Rapsody 55 November. The smallest of the bunch yet she comes closest in design to the Mochi. She's also the cheapest at around €1-1.2. In terms of build quality she's still a lot higher than Italian yachts, yet she's not as well-built as either the Holterman or Mulder.

I may be a bit biased as I am Dutch, but once you personally see the differences in build quality and realize that in terms of long-term reliability, timelessness and value these are second to none, you'll be sold on them too.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks a lot for sharing your insights. I had hoped that the Mochis were the kind of Italian products that were well put together, but I guess they're from that other group. I guess for two-and-a-bit million Euros, you'd want something that'll hold together.
I really like the look of the Mulder, it has the same easy retro-modern thing going as the Mochis. Thanks a lot for posting that, and the other two as well.

Finally, it's okay to be biased, nobody's perfect. Besides, half your country is under sea level, so you're probably finicky about your boats

Old 07-16-2012, 05:07 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute

Old 07-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Who Am I?
CAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond reputeCAIN has a reputation beyond repute
Maltese Falcon

And mine

Old 07-30-2012, 07:57 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Old 01-28-2014, 04:15 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
mitzubd is an unknown quantity at this point
true luxury yachts in the world. Have tried to navigate that?

Old 07-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Banned
Mr.Mata is an unknown quantity at this point
MayBach Nigger