Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Nissan Set To Unveil Nismo GT-R, The Fastest-Accelerating Production Car Ever!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 11:28 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Nissan Set To Unveil Nismo GT-R, The Fastest-Accelerating Production Car Ever!

Name:  Nissan-GT-R_Track_Edition_2014_1024x768_wallpaper_12.jpg
Views: 1774
Size:  136.0 KB
2013 Nissan GT-R Track Edition Show Above

Nissan Set To Unveil Nismo GT-R, The Fastest-Accelerating Production Car Ever!

Wow do the folks at Auto Express have a scoop for us today! According to the British publication, Nissan is getting ready to launch the fastest-accelerating production car ever. The new GT-R Nismo is said to go 0-60 in a mind-blowing 2 seconds! The reveal of the uber-fast Nismo GT-R will be at the Tokyo Motor Show in November. The scoop was uncovered while a member of the AE team was chatting it up with a Nissan insider at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

They go on to report the Nismo is being developed with the assistance of British company Williams Advanced Engineering. This is the team that also helped to create the Juke Nismo.

“You’d be surprised at how much room for improvement there is – even with a car like the GT-R. Where you expect it’s all been tuned to the maximum, it’s actually easy to make big gains.” An engineer from Williams told them.

Source and more info Auto Express

Old 07-31-2013, 12:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry but I'll keep my Porsche. I don't care if the GT-R goes 0-60 in 1 second. It's a Nissan!! A $100K ricer.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:45 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
silverfdturbo6port is infamous around these partssilverfdturbo6port is infamous around these partssilverfdturbo6port is infamous around these partssilverfdturbo6port is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by smokinghot4cars
Sorry but I'll keep my Porsche. I don't care if the GT-R goes 0-60 in 1 second. It's a Nissan!! A $100K ricer.
And you are not a real car enthusiast. A prick in the car world.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura about
i think you got your definition wrong, a ricer is a car that looks fast but no go. gtr on the other hand goes extremely fast.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:12 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Andrew37 is an unknown quantity at this point
You have to give Nissan credit, you get a lot of performance for the price of this car... Can't wait to see vids of this 2s 0-60, should be unreal.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'll believe it when I see it, but I won't be surprised. The GT-R is one hell of a car! On my list for sure.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Sign me up for a 991 Turbo S v Nismo GTR v Super Veyron video review

Old 07-31-2013, 07:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really niceAlef_henriique is just really nice
holy jesus.
This is awesome.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:19 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
It's real, I read it on the internetz.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
keprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond repute
And the LFA is a Lexus. The fact that it's a Nissan doesn't preclude it from being a phenomenal performance car, especially for the money.

Quick Reply: Nissan Set To Unveil Nismo GT-R, The Fastest-Accelerating Production Car Ever!