Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Nissan Set To Unveil Nismo GT-R, The Fastest-Accelerating Production Car Ever!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
That's pretty bonkers.

I wonder how many of these launches you can do before the drivetrain packs it in. I can imagine a lot gtrs needing new drivetrains at 60,000km than later down the track.

Also does it relate to better lap times or is it just something to brag about over beer.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

Unless it's a rolling start, I'd say your first lap might be getting a bit of help?

Cheers,
Nik

Old 08-01-2013, 07:45 AM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
on what kind of tires??

traction is usually the issue with the high hp cars.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by silverfdturbo6port
And you are not a real car enthusiast. A prick in the car world.
Agreed

Old 08-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mahzari
Sign me up for a 991 Turbo S v Nismo GTR v Super Veyron video review
How would that even be fair. The Veyron would no doubt win that race. but the GTR will destroy the Porsche. Quick it has proven time and time again.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by dieter.manero
How would that even be fair. The Veyron would no doubt win that race. but the GTR will destroy the Porsche. Quick it has proven time and time again.
I've seen Autocar do stupider comparisons (a GTR to an RS6) and they all have a fighting chance to be the fastest to 60mph. The issue is grip and not power over the short distance. Regardless, why would you want to not see that?

Old 08-02-2013, 05:27 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
GT-R's are ruling the One Lap of America we host. Have been darn near since they came out.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Wearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Not that I doubt it can be done. But how much HP is it going to need in order to overcome the weight of the car plus the lack of traction at that power load while staying OEM reliable.

Old 08-03-2013, 05:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I couldn't be more excited about this. I truly love the GTR. Had some rides in the very first GTR Premium Package and it just blew my mind away. There is no other car out there that delivers so much performance and drivability for that kind of money. I just hope it doesn't get more fragile when they squeeze even more performance out of it. I fear it'll need service every 5k miles.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
KENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond repute
Wow....impressive!

Quick Reply: Nissan Set To Unveil Nismo GT-R, The Fastest-Accelerating Production Car Ever!