Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

No more Evos, Mitsubishi official says Evo franchise is dead

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
LDSLamboLP670SV is an unknown quantity at this point
This is very disappointing. I always loved the EVO.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Without the Evo in their lineup, why even bother building anything anymore? Mitsubishis have always been subpar in everything from performance, to quality, to fuel economy. The Evo was the one thing Mitsubishi has gotten right in pretty much their entire car building history.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Too bad the Evo died after the EVO IX MR.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
GSXify has a reputation beyond reputeGSXify has a reputation beyond reputeGSXify has a reputation beyond reputeGSXify has a reputation beyond reputeGSXify has a reputation beyond reputeGSXify has a reputation beyond reputeGSXify has a reputation beyond reputeGSXify has a reputation beyond reputeGSXify has a reputation beyond reputeGSXify has a reputation beyond reputeGSXify has a reputation beyond repute
WTF is this sh!t?! Well, bye mitsu.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Oh...more good news. One more battle won in favor of Greenies everywhere.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
They can all thank Audi anyway =)

Old 03-03-2011, 06:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Sad....

Old 03-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Mitsubishi Responds To Evo Death Rumors: Looking For A "Different Direction For Evolution to Evolve"
By Mike Magrath | March 3, 2011

Mitsubishi isn't taking this whole "Lancer Evolution is dead after 2013" thing lying down. Recent Facebook posts and emails with Inside Line show that the company is at least sitting up a little to fight the rumor.

Via FB: "Further to some comments published in the press recently, production of the current Lancer Evolution continues as planned. As for its successor, regulations and market feedback will dictate its engineering package & architecture. Stay tuned"

And our emails to the company were returned with an official statement...

"MMC has kept the Lancer Evolution sedan evolving as the brand's highest performing model in the global market. However, as the market's needs and demands change, MMC is considering not advancing the Lancer Evolution concept in the same way as before, but to find a different direction for the Lancer Evolution model to evolve. The new direction, the technologies involved, and corresponding products will be disclosed in due course."

While this could be a death rumor, more likely, this is a "death to gas-only Evo" rumor. The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution is, of course, our favorite Mitsubishi, but in a world governed by CAFE (remember, that A stands for average) they simply don't have the volume necessary to offset something like the EVO. Not when CAFE is going to jump to 35 mpg.

So the Evolution is, probably, not dead. What it will be next, though, is up for speculation.

Categories: Auto Industry,Mitsubishi

Old 03-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
tincan will become famous soon enoughtincan will become famous soon enoughtincan will become famous soon enoughtincan will become famous soon enoughtincan will become famous soon enoughtincan will become famous soon enoughtincan will become famous soon enough
Guess I will be listing my IX at Barrett Jackson next year.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:03 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Chris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud ofChris@TheExperience has much to be proud of
Mitsubishi had been on life support since the turn of the millenium. I am actually going to say good riddance to the Evo, because of how many people used to abuse the power of them. They were the most expensive car to insure in New York a few years back when I still lived there, and I asked why. They are the most ticketed, crashed, and abused vehicles.

Though I'm happy to see it go, I hate to see it leave. Its a shame that they are killing it for rally reasons, and it was an incredible value- I will say it was definitely form over function cause I thought they were UG-LY.

This does raise one question... who will fight the STI in the US now??

Quick Reply: No more Evos, Mitsubishi official says Evo franchise is dead