Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

My WRX

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by POWERHOUSE
Put up the pics with the new spring installed!
Sad thing is, the springs aren't installed yet.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Well log out and get them installed

Old 07-10-2011, 06:45 PM
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Car hasn't been feeling as fast this last week, so I hooked up my accessport to read my boost. I set my boost to 15 psi, but when I floor it the psi only goes to 13.5 then drops as my rpms get closer to redline. I don't see or hear any leaks anywhere, I will put it up on the lift tomorrow. So annoying, will put the springs on after I figure this out.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Pinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond reputePinned has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
Car hasn't been feeling as fast this last week, so I hooked up my accessport to read my boost. I set my boost to 15 psi, but when I floor it the psi only goes to 13.5 then drops as my rpms get closer to redline. I don't see or hear any leaks anywhere, I will put it up on the lift tomorrow. So annoying, will put the springs on after I figure this out.
If you're on the stock TD04 with the stock boost control setup then that is probably about right. Every WRX I've ever been in was like that, the TD04 is pretty gutless on the 2.5. You may just be getting used to it, my car never feels fast to me anymore hah.

Are you on a stage 2 type setup?

Last edited by Pinned; 07-11-2011 at 01:58 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:42 AM
Teamspeed Member
clou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enoughclou will become famous soon enough
Are you still on the AP tune or did you end up getting the pro tune? A lot of times the AP tunes won't hit target boost because the wastegate duty cycles are off.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

I wouldn't bother going to a custom tune without upgrading the hairdryer.

Cheers,
Nik

Old 07-11-2011, 09:27 PM
So after pressure testing it and taking it out for a beat run my buddy and I found the problem. Gasket went on the up-pipe, which explains why I'm losing boost. So Friday after work I'm getting a 30 rack and my friend, his brother, and I will fix it. Hopefully next week the springs will be installed.

Last edited by JonA85; 07-11-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
i had eibach prokit on my car for about 3 months. Took them off and got coilovers for 2 reasons (mainly the 2nd)

1) the drop will be uneven and most likely reverse rake

2) No matter what anyone tells you, your stock shocks will not pair well with those springs. Its mathematically impossible and the ride will suffer as a result. or the first month you will think the setup is great. What you are initially feeling is a tighter ride due to stiffer springs, but then you'll start noticing the rebound is out of whack and then the honeymoon is over.

I highly suggest good quality coilovers, the ride difference is night and day.

Anyways happy modding

Last edited by Maitre_Absolut; 07-11-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Car is fixed. Runs like a bat out of hell. Downpipe is knocking against the tranny crossmember, I'll put it up on the lift tomorrow and fix it. Springs will be put on hopefully next week.

Attached Images  
Old 07-21-2011, 08:36 PM
After a wash

Attached Images