Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

2011 Subaru STI

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 09:13 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
2011 Subaru STI

I can NOT wait for this car.

YouTube - 2011 Subaru WRX STI Sedan Attacks the 'Ring

Old 09-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
so much HIT no miss

Old 09-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
But in terms of performance the STI has always been behind the EVO, no?

Old 09-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Should be a hoot. But I hate the way the narrator says "Subaru"

Old 09-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Doctor
But in terms of performance the STI has always been behind the EVO, no?
Yes, but after this thing launches it will be a different story. I have driven Evo 8, 9 and 04-07 STI. Personally I would pick the STI anyday over the Evo, but the reviews I've read pick the Evo.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
im excited, already had some customers jump ship to the 2011, seems like a hot car to get, finally the got rid of the hatch and are able to have a sedan...all is right in the subaru world.

ps. if anyone else says subaru like that. please stop.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Jon are you plan'n on?
Such and amazing car... I have been in the hatchback but this should be better balanced so I cannot wait

Old 09-11-2010, 01:13 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
It came out, a cousin of my who studies in San Diego just got a dark blue one.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:17 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
that looks awful, like a kia really. and i thought the hatch was bad. the only sti's worth a damn are the spec c's. the whole cachet of the subaru's was that they were quirky and characterful whilst still being quick a-b cars, this new trend of appealing to the masses by blanding it up is really pitiful. i can't tell a wrx apart from an optima, how sad is that? remember the gdb bugeye? or the gc's? those were proper giant killers with a healthy dose of character and uniqueness, nowadays i think subaru has lost the plot. GM still own them?

evo 9 and 07 spec c were the best iterations of this type of car imo. btw, the reason everybody prefers the evo to the sti is that it can be turned on the throttle, has surgical steering, and doesn't bloody understeer you off the road. the four wheel drift attitude of attack the evo offers makes it a great backroad companion, especially in the wet. even with a bigger rear sway (driven a few modded subies) the subaru cant compare. the only advantage the sti has is its sound (boxer vs inline 4). mind you, the spec c sorts all this out and is a blast to drive, only qualm is that the headers are equal length so it doesn't have the boxer beat. evo x is watered down as well so more than enough blame to go round.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud of
Do want.

Quick Reply: 2011 Subaru STI