Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

2011 Subaru STI

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 11:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by JonA85
I like the Evo X but not over the STI. The Evo X comes in 5 speed manual (revs way too high at highway speeds) and the only 6 speed you can get is in the MR with the stupid paddles. The interior of the Evo is cheap and boring. Also I hear the Evo has thin paint and chips very easily.
Well to be honest, neither of these cars are perfect. You are paying 30-40k for supercar performance, so there are quite a few cut corners on either side. The paint is absolutely horrible on both cars. My Lancer chips terribly. I'm actually about to re-spray the bumpers after 4k miles. I have Subi friends who have the same issue.

The 5-speed doesn't rev THAT high on the highway... But you're right, it could be much better.

When it comes down to it, I would only pick the Evo because it's a little sharper in the handling department and I hate Subaru owners for the most part.
So many STi owners are douchebags...

Oh, and I hate the sound of a boxer engine with aftermarket exhaust.

My rant is over.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ I feel the opposite. When I had my WRX all the STI owners would wave and chat with me, Evo drivers always wanted to race, rev their engines etc. Also I love the boxer engine. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Subie fan but I have respect for Evos.
You're right, both cars aren't perfect, but they fit my needs and budget. I need the AWD for winters in New England, I like the 4 door beacause I need the extra room, and I love the performance.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
SpeedKingz is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice video, Thanks

Old 10-21-2010, 03:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
^^^ I feel the opposite. When I had my WRX all the STI owners would wave and chat with me, Evo drivers always wanted to race, rev their engines etc. Also I love the boxer engine. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Subie fan but I have respect for Evos.
You're right, both cars aren't perfect, but they fit my needs and budget. I need the AWD for winters in New England, I like the 4 door beacause I need the extra room, and I love the performance.
You and me are both already sold on this car so what are you waiting for? Go get one, NOW!
I promise I'll get one as soon as I graduate and earn some money

Old 10-21-2010, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
PSad19 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's not even worth it to buy the STI ... the regular WRX is only about .1 seconds behind it in just about every category (and a lot cheaper too)

Old 10-21-2010, 12:13 PM
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PSad19
It's not even worth it to buy the STI ... the regular WRX is only about .1 seconds behind it in just about every category (and a lot cheaper too)
I agree, but I've seen the new 2011 WRX but it doesn't compare to the STI look wise. Not a fan of the new WRX with the wide body. I'm hunting for 2009-2010 WRX.

Old 10-21-2010, 04:56 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Good thing about these cars here in NZ is they are expensive. $60k USD +. So it generally rules out the boofheads.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Old 01-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty good video.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer the '07. It doesn't look as bulky.

Quick Reply: 2011 Subaru STI