Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

My Humble Daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 01:16 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice!

Old 04-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
eshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet, I used to track my 04 sti all the time, was super stiff with JDM susp bits. What do you like best about the improvements in the 08?

in good company

Old 04-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great, as did your old one!

Old 04-09-2008, 02:04 PM
BSM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really nice
Originally Posted by STLMOTORSPORTS
Thanks guys for your comments.. Seeing the kind of hardware you all drive ...That's great you rate my little grocery getter Cheers
I think what you'll find at TS is that most here appreciate the substance of performance and style regardless of the package or price. Any and all forms of enthusiasm and afflicition are welcome and encouraged in good spirit. And again, nice ride!

Last edited by BSM; 04-09-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice. The new Evo's and STi's are growing on me every time I see one.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thanks eshaun for your comments...Yes, I tricked out my last 06' STI
to look like the Spec C type RA which was never available in the US. Lot's of suspesion goodies as you can see in the picture below..Amazing handling car but kind of harsh on a bad road surface :

^^^This shows the 21mm Sway bar,Hollow aluminum Lateral links, Solid bushings ,etc...all genuine JDM STI parts.

^^^It even had the roof vent & forged Spec C wheels that weighed just 15.5 lb's !

And Benzwiz To answer your question ; Well, the 08' STI feels like it is about ten years ahead of the last one in terms of overall Quality and design , which I suppose it is as the last generation Impreza came out in 2000 as a 2001 model in Japan, 2002 here in the US.
I had both a 2004 STI & 2006 STI ~ Both cars were brilliant, fast and I had zero problems in 40k spirited miles with either car.

However,the comfort and convenience features are much better on the 2008 Impreza STI..It even has an intergrated I-Pod in the stereo, but what struck me most was the rigid feel to the chassis. It inspires such confidence when cornering in just about any road condition, excellent brakes,beautifully made interior with soft feel dash and things like quality leather & alcantara seats.. It's just a whole different car than the last one in every way & just as quick but so much more refined.
Buy one my friend~ they are the best value performance car on the market today & they don't break because they are made by Subaru

Cheers.

Last edited by Adrian; 04-09-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great! I am really liking the new STI lately.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
eshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond repute
Nice, I see lots of pink under there hehe and the roof scoop is awesome! Post more pics if you have them. My buddy just picked up a white 08 sti few weeks ago, havnt had the chance to drive it, but I'm sure by the time I do he'll have it all mod'd up right.

Old 04-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
drew935 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've always like suby's. Worked on tons of them. The only thing that I find negative about them are bad drivers. That happened to me once on the freeway.

But my friend used to own i-club.com. So I learned a lot about suby's and that's why I worked on tons of them.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by eshaun
Nice, I see lots of pink under there hehe and the roof scoop is awesome! Post more pics if you have them. My buddy just picked up a white 08 sti few weeks ago, havnt had the chance to drive it, but I'm sure by the time I do he'll have it all mod'd up right.
^^^you asked...

Quick Reply: My Humble Daily driver