Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Do i trade in my sc Viper coupe for a New GTR?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Do i trade in my sc Viper coupe for a New GTR?

I've been tossing this idea back and fourth. i have a supercharged viper, car is nice, but the interior is a bit basic. i feel i would care a bit less about the gtr and getting a scratch on her, as opposed to the more friendly gtr which you can drive in the rain. I do have a daily driver so that is not an issue. The viper has 750hp, its very fast, somewhat comfortable with racing suspension, but im getting the itch for a change. seeing as how the gtr's with bolt on's are running low 10's this is very feasible for me, especially with the type of business i am in. I do not put a ton of miles on my cars...what do you think if you had to choose 750hp viper coupe on motons with only 3k miles on it. or a new gtr with a few mods. I don't really race, I don't go to the track (although i'd probably go once or twice with the gtr to see what i can do with some mod's) I just take it out nights and weekends for some fun and maybe some weekend trips.

Or do i keep the car until something better comes out. My A.D.D. is getting the best of me. this is my 3rd viper so maybe its not special anymore, but after taking some friends for a ride last night, it made me respect the car again.

im looking at a 2010 in dark grey for about 75k new. thoughts?

thanks for looking

Josh

Old 06-16-2010, 09:39 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
have you driven the GT-R? you've gotta try it

Old 06-16-2010, 09:48 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Get a GTR, and than let Switzer mod it for you. On the street and track, the GTR would be less of a handful, and with modifications would probably be easier to drive fast. The interior would definitely be nicer too. Just my thoughts. Good luck!

Old 06-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Without a doubt go with the GT-R

Old 06-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
thanks, there are not many around here to drive (im in south west fl) never driven one...i sort of have all my own mods in stock so thats not an issue...
the closest one that is reasonably priced is about 3 hours away, the other has 18k miles on an 09 with 2 owners...for a 10k difference i rather just buy new for peace of mind.

i figure some of you come from other vehicles...thanks!

Old 06-17-2010, 02:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute
it's a tough one, but since this is your 3rd viper then maybe it's time for a change..

Old 06-17-2010, 03:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know if I would do that trade since after the Viper, the GTR will feel way too tame.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:29 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
GTR and then for the 800 horsepower kit.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:59 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely yes.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud ofhamadjamsheer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 911 S
it's a tough one, but since this is your 3rd viper then maybe it's time for a change..
exactly what i wanted to say !