Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Few pics of the Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Few pics of the Z

Getting the car ready for track days this year, fitted with Stillen, Eihach and H&R suspension mods. Thinking about stripping parts of the interior as well to save some weight. Should be a pretty fun track toy by spring...

Old 01-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool! Great idea with the regards to the weight saving. Doesn't cost anything but gets you great results plus makes the car feel more hardcore IMO. Enjoy it in the best of health!

Old 01-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
SilverOne is on a distinguished roadSilverOne is on a distinguished road
I've read and heard of accounts in which the Z retards power (goes into something similar to "limp home" mode) during times of excessive "heat" (i.e., track running on a warm/hot day) - any thoughts on a fix for this, or how to work around it?

I'm interested in a "bullet proof" solution as the car interests me.

Thanks.
Moving Chicane (not "SilverOne")

Old 01-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by 430berlinetta
Very cool! Great idea with the regards to the weight saving. Doesn't cost anything but gets you great results plus makes the car feel more hardcore IMO. Enjoy it in the best of health!
Many thanks! Me going on a diet is part of that plan btw haha

Originally Posted by SilverOne
I've read and heard of accounts in which the Z retards power (goes into something similar to "limp home" mode) during times of excessive "heat" (i.e., track running on a warm/hot day) - any thoughts on a fix for this, or how to work around it?

I'm interested in a "bullet proof" solution as the car interests me.

Thanks.
Moving Chicane (not "SilverOne")
I have only read of a couple account of this happening, though I have never had the issue with my own car (I have had it for about a year). I wouldn't let this issue hold you back, I have enjoyed the car immensely

Old 01-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Great looking 370! I want to test drive one some day... I like the bubble butt on them.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
^Thanks!

Yeah it does have some quirky design ques, they do grow on you though, even the chubby rear.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Love it in white!!! Best of luck on the track...

Old 01-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Igor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great!

Old 01-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by GrayTT
Love it in white!!! Best of luck on the track...
Many thanks Gray! Any tips from a pro such as yourself?

Originally Posted by Igor
Looks great!
Thanks Igor

Old 01-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
helothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura about
first thing you should prepare for the track is brakes for the Z.
they tend to fade very, very quickly after couple hot laps.
with track pads (carbotech or cobalt pads are good enough) and
stainless steel brake lines should help much better.
also adding a brake cooling duct would be a nice touch as well

and i've seen some 370z/g37s at the track going into the 'limp mode' after
few hot laps which limits you from revving all the way because of the
rising temperature issues. you should think about getting the tranny oil cooler as well, if you don't have one that is...

just some tips you might already know

nice car btw.

Quick Reply: Few pics of the Z