Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Few pics of the Z

Old 01-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
^Hey thanks for the tips! An oil cooler is on my list actually, but the brake pads I am a little less familiar with and I want something that will be streetable as well so big squeel is less than desirable. I will look into the carbotechs and cobalts thanks.

I will have to do some more research on the car going into limp mode under track usage. There must be some steps I can take to avoid such an event, hopefully the oil cooler will quell the big issues.

Putting brakes and proper tires on the list now.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:23 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Great looking Z, these cars are a blast to drive... with a few bucks you can turn it into a monster! Enjoy!

Old 01-18-2010, 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
helothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ctzn
^Hey thanks for the tips! An oil cooler is on my list actually, but the brake pads I am a little less familiar with and I want something that will be streetable as well so big squeel is less than desirable. I will look into the carbotechs and cobalts thanks.

I will have to do some more research on the car going into limp mode under track usage. There must be some steps I can take to avoid such an event, hopefully the oil cooler will quell the big issues.

Putting brakes and proper tires on the list now.
if you are thinking about consistent bite and fade resistance then Carbotech XP10 (or 12) in the front and XP8 (or 10) in the rear would do it.

brake pads wise, there are a lot of choices under different manufacturers,
so look into them. Hawk HP+'s might do for some, as they are so-called "track pads" but are streetable since they don't generate screeching sound most of the time.

changing pads aren't that hard, it's doable in less than half hour so
having track pads and street pads and switching them back and forth between track events would be good as well.

also forgot to mention changing brake fluids will help big time as well.
in my case i have tried ATE super blue and Motul RBF600 (both DOT4)
and they both are very good in terms of withstanding from the chances of boiling the fluids. they generate better pedal feel as well in conjunction with the ss lines.

tires, i suggest you try out the street tires first (like Z1 star spec, RE11, AD08 etc) before you move onto the r-comps
(R888 NT01 RA1 etc) you'll learn to appreciate more of the additional grip as you learn.
if you want cheap street tires that have great amount of grip and doesn't cost as much,
look into Nitto NT05 and Federal 595RS-R. they are as much as half the price of others
(like Bridgestone RE11 and Advan Neova AD08) but perform excellent at the track events.

i assume you'll be at thunderhill and infineon most of the time since you're up in the bay area?

Last edited by helothere; 01-18-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Banned
St00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura aboutSt00k has a spectacular aura about
Nice pics and great car! Love the look of the new Z!

Old 01-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
Great looking Z, these cars are a blast to drive... with a few bucks you can turn it into a monster! Enjoy!
Thanks GK!

Originally Posted by helothere
if you are thinking about consistent bite and fade resistance then Carbotech XP10 (or 12) in the front and XP8 (or 10) in the rear would do it.

brake pads wise, there are a lot of choices under different manufacturers,
so look into them. Hawk HP+'s might do for some, as they are so-called "track pads" but are streetable since they don't generate screeching sound most of the time.

changing pads aren't that hard, it's doable in less than half hour so
having track pads and street pads and switching them back and forth between track events would be good as well.

also forgot to mention changing brake fluids will help big time as well.
in my case i have tried ATE super blue and Motul RBF600 (both DOT4)
and they both are very good in terms of withstanding from the chances of boiling the fluids. they generate better pedal feel as well in conjunction with the ss lines.

tires, i suggest you try out the street tires first (like Z1 star spec, RE11, AD08 etc) before you move onto the r-comps
(R888 NT01 RA1 etc) you'll learn to appreciate more of the additional grip as you learn.
if you want cheap street tires that have great amount of grip and doesn't cost as much,
look into Nitto NT05 and Federal 595RS-R. they are as much as half the price of others
(like Bridgestone RE11 and Advan Neova AD08) but perform excellent at the track events.

i assume you'll be at thunderhill and infineon most of the time since you're up in the bay area?
Thanks again helo, I have read a bit about the pads and I do like the idea of using separate track and street pads if it can be done with little hassle. I will keep it on street tires for the time being, and as you said I want to learn the car pretty much as is and ramp up from there.

ZONC does open track events at T-hill for sure, Infineon not as often due to the high price tag but I would like to make it there at least once this year (as well as laguna). We also get involved in smaller SCCA events at the Oracle Arena parking lot area and a few other spots. Am looking into some HPDE days with NASA but I am still learning about the process to get involved...

Originally Posted by St00k
Nice pics and great car! Love the look of the new Z!
Many thanks

Old 01-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on your new toy. Looks very nice in white, and enjoy it!

Old 01-19-2010, 01:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
helothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura about
if you want to look into some weekend HPDE events,
Speed Ventures ( Speed Ventures - Track Events for Everyone! ) holds good events and they are very well organized..

Old 01-19-2010, 02:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by B4rad
Congrats on your new toy. Looks very nice in white, and enjoy it!
Thanks B4rad! Should be a good car to learn in...

Originally Posted by helothere
if you want to look into some weekend HPDE events,
Speed Ventures ( Speed Ventures - Track Events for Everyone! ) holds good events and they are very well organized..
Thanks for the link, checking into it now. Not sure I have a tow hook point in the rear of the car though...

Old 01-19-2010, 03:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Mm, me likey white body and black wheels! Looks great!