Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Almost completely undisguised- Lexus LF-A

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 06:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Alzilla
If Lexus sold this for $100K and marketed it as a Corvette ZR1 fighter, they'd have a fighting chance. If they sold it for $225K as an Ferrari 458 competitor, I'd think they were being "cute" for taking on the big boys. But for $500K, WTF are they thinking?!?!?

Actually, I'm pretty sure I'll be in the minority here but I think it looks good.
I agree, and I like the look as well - this is what I always pictured a 21st century Supra to look like. Badge it a Toyota, call it a Supra, price it at $80k and you have a nice GTR competitor.

For that kind of scratch makes you wonder what they got up their sleeve with this thing, better be something epic if they want more than a handful of sales.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Beyond "too expensive" ... how does Lexus justify the 500k price tag?

Old 09-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
BRN64666 has a spectacular aura aboutBRN64666 has a spectacular aura aboutBRN64666 has a spectacular aura aboutBRN64666 has a spectacular aura aboutBRN64666 has a spectacular aura aboutBRN64666 has a spectacular aura aboutBRN64666 has a spectacular aura aboutBRN64666 has a spectacular aura aboutBRN64666 has a spectacular aura aboutBRN64666 has a spectacular aura aboutBRN64666 has a spectacular aura about
Damn £300,000 for a TOYOTA !!!!

Old 09-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
I think it looks pretty good. I am with you guys on the price thing though. These guys are nuts to sell it at that price.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
There will be people crazy enough to buy it at that price... but it'll probably be the new depreciation king when it comes to resale.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond repute
thats going to be one mean looking car!

Old 09-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Brett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro
Beyond "too expensive" ... how does Lexus justify the 500k price tag?
I have heard rumors of Enzo beating 'ring times, but that still doesn't justify the price tag IMO.

Old 09-24-2009, 04:43 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brett B
I have heard rumors of Enzo beating 'ring times, but that still doesn't justify the price tag IMO.
cool,where did you hear that ?

now the rumors and ringtime stuff comes into play
just the way it was with the GTR

main difference : it worked for the GTR

I highly doubt that even the wildest rumors could encourage people to put down half a million for that car

Old 10-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Hootch is an unknown quantity at this point
Why does everyone like to rag on the fact that it's a Toyota? Toyota has an F1 team, Lotus uses a Toyota engine, and Lexus is known to do what it does quite well (comfortable and reliable, albeit boring, luxury vehicles), what's with all the Japanese car hating?

Old 10-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hootch
Why does everyone like to rag on the fact that it's a Toyota? Toyota has an F1 team, Lotus uses a Toyota engine, and Lexus is known to do what it does quite well (comfortable and reliable, albeit boring, luxury vehicles), what's with all the Japanese car hating?
It's not that it's a Toyota, but the fact that it's a $500K Toyota.

Quick Reply: Almost completely undisguised- Lexus LF-A