Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

WRX mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
guitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the rough
WRX mods

Hi, I have an '05 WRX wagon, so far stock except for the SPT cat back exhaust and air intake I've had put on. I want to do tires and wheels next. I would very much appreciate any advice, from practical to sick, on mods that can be done either by myself or a professional, that will increase my performance but keep me street legal.

Thanks a lot!

Old 05-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Cobb stage 2

Old 05-26-2009, 06:31 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
guitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the rough
Thanks, looking into it.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
If you want something relatively cheap and you can install it yourself just go for the Cobb Accessport. From there you can have a shop build you up to Cobb Stage 2...

Might as well do your modding gradually so you can appreciate what each part does and the performance gains from it.

Also, if you want to lower it a little bit and tighten up the ride you can check a subaru forum and see if anyone is selling their STI springs... They're commonly referred to as "STI Pinks". Cobb also offers their own Springs if you want to go that route.

From my experience though, suspension is the easiest way to make a car more fun...

EDIT: This is my old Legacy Spec B, someone totaled it for me... I miss it so much.

Last edited by tractorcrusher; 05-26-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
+1 on the Cobb Stage 2 - Did it to my WRX back in the Day... Woke her right up!!

Old 05-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
The Cobb stage 2 is primarily a new exhaust, yes? Since I already spent money on the SPT catback, can other parts of the Cobb stage 2 be installed and work in concert with it, or did I make a big mistake with the SPT exhaust?

Old 05-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Also, my stock tires just aren't sticky enough. Anyone have any good/bad experiences with tires?

Old 05-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Stage 2 is much more than just exhaust. For sure you can use your SPT catback, assuming it matches up with the Cobb downpipe.

If you're going to go for the full package I'd recommend going Cobb all the way and buy the entire Stage 2 kit. Then, sell the SPT catback on Subaru forums. North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club

Stage 2 Kit Includes:
- AccessPORT
- Quick Start User Guide
- USB Cable
- OBDII Connector
- Software CD
- COBB Downpipe
- COBB Cat Back Exhaust

Old 05-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Cool, Thanks!

Old 05-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I can't emphasize enough that suspension should be one of your first mods... You'll have a ton of fun in your car immediately.

Quick Reply: WRX mods