Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Hyundai Genesis Coupe V6 beats out Infiniti G37 in first comparison test

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura aboutD2AUTO has a spectacular aura about
Very surprising! With the Sedan and Coupe, Hyundai is making alot of progress with the Genesis line.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by daedalus
I personally am routing for the little car from Korea. The best rebuttal i've heard from anyone about it is "its still a Hyundai"... If it can do the same thing your sports car can for 20k less more power to it. Why do you think the Evo and the GTR became household names in the sports car world? It offered the same performance for less.

I don't know why car enthusiasts would try and bash a car trying to accomplish the same thing?
Good point. Subaru completely changed their image with the WRX in the U.S. Try winning over customers who saw years of the ugly station wags and the Brats.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:44 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
the turbo model will be a tuner's dream. cheap, 6 speed, RWD, LSD, brembo's etc.

good to see a car like this on the market.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Teamspeed Member
Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
My brother just got the Coupe with the 303hp V6. Honestly, I wanted to hate the thing and for it to be the biggest piece of shit possible. it wasnt what I recommended and the asian cars have never really been my thing. I must say, I took it for a drive, and the car handles surprisingly well, looks great on the street, and has some giddy up. I dont think it would keep up with the German performance coupes it wants to go after, but for 29G's, its a GREAT car at a total bargain. With that said, you will NEVER see me driving one....

Old 03-17-2009, 11:37 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kevin2772
My brother just got the Coupe with the 303hp V6. Honestly, I wanted to hate the thing and for it to be the biggest piece of shit possible. it wasnt what I recommended and the asian cars have never really been my thing. I must say, I took it for a drive, and the car handles surprisingly well, looks great on the street, and has some giddy up. I dont think it would keep up with the German performance coupes it wants to go after, but for 29G's, its a GREAT car at a total bargain. With that said, you will NEVER see me driving one....
You mean again?

Old 03-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
can't wait for the first recall on shitty engines

Old 03-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
As a 37S owner (a very happy one at that) i will be one of the first to say that its still a hyundai. I wouldn't be surprised if it rattled on the inside just as the older evo's and sti's did and I'm positive the build quality and longevity of the hyundai can't even come close to what infiniti has done with the new G's.

disgruntled? sure, a little
Dude you drive a rebadged Nissan so to snub at a Hyundai seems a bit hypocritical, no?

At least Hyundai had the balls to bring it out under their own brandname.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
Dude you drive a rebadged Nissan so to snub at a Hyundai seems a bit hypocritical, no?

At least Hyundai had the balls to bring it out under their own brandname.
calling a g37 a rebadged nissan really doesnt make much sense.
i realize its pretty much the same company, but then again so is toyota/lexus.. and quite a few engines for psuedo-supercars are made by bmw and audi.
1. g37 looks nothing like any nissan.
2. last time i checked no nissans used vvel
3. "at least hyundai had the balls to bring it out under their own brandname." - hyundai is only hyundai.. right? dont forget, nissan didnt "rebadge" the r35 as an infiniti.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
calling a g37 a rebadged nissan really doesnt make much sense.
i realize its pretty much the same company, but then again so is toyota/lexus.. and quite a few engines for psuedo-supercars are made by bmw and audi.
1. g37 looks nothing like any nissan.
2. last time i checked no nissans used vvel
3. "at least hyundai had the balls to bring it out under their own brandname." - hyundai is only hyundai.. right? dont forget, nissan didnt "rebadge" the r35 as an infiniti.
Well, the fact of the matter is that the G37 is a rebadged Nissan, no question. Over in Japan, it is sold as a Nissan Skyline. I'm sure you've seen G35s in the states with the "Skyline" badging.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
I always viewed g35/7 as a more luxurious 350 (370)Z. When I worked at Nissan I drove both on more than one occasion, and with the exception of comfier seats I don't remember the infinity being that much better.

It's like ford exploder and Mercury mountaineer. Same thing, different badge.

Quick Reply: Hyundai Genesis Coupe V6 beats out Infiniti G37 in first comparison test