Notices
Japanese Speed Nissan GT-R, Lexus LFA, 370Z, NSX, Supra, & More Discussion Forum

Nissan GT-R will do 3.9-second 0-60 without Launch Control

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 04:36 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Nissan GT-R will do 3.9-second 0-60 without Launch Control

The Nissan GT-R is slap-your-mama fast, which has led to some dustup on the internet surrounding voided warranties when using the included Launch Control. Contrary to a previous report that Nissan intends to drop Launch Control from the 2010 GT-R, Motor Trend's blog is reporting that no decision has been made yet and we've heard the same thing from Nissan itself. The bigger point that MT goes on to make is that even without Launch Control, the GT-R is still brutally fast. When the magazine got its first crack at the R35, testers did an acceleration run just for giggles with all the electronics aids active except for Launch Control. The result? 3.9 seconds to 60 mph by just mashing the skinny pedal all the way down. That's enough speed to keep the GT-R running in the same pack with which it's already been lumped, and with the computers doing the work, there's no risk of stalling at launch and getting smoked by a '93 Duster. So what've we learned? Without risking a $20,000 transmission replacement, the GT-R is still a rocket.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
So what've we learned? Without risking a $20,000 transmission replacement, the GT-R is still a rocket.
And Nissan still can suck my hairy beanbag...

It could go 0-60 in 1.0, 0-100 in 2.0, and make my penis 5" longer (well, I don't want a 20" penis), and I STILL wouldn't buy one.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond repute
If i throw garbage off a cliff it will also do 0 to 60 in three seconds, but its still a pile of garbage.

Old 11-24-2008, 08:23 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
I believe it was Car & Driver that tested the 997 Carrera S in a comparison test about 2 years and it went 0-60 in 3.9 seconds. Nissan is doing the same with 70 extra hp, but that makes sense because the Nissan weighs soooooooooooo much.