Notices
Health & Wellness Personal Training, Cycling, Running, Nutrition, & More Discussion Forum

Official Pedal Power Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vltsai
That's why I love mine. It's the most obscene, impractical thing ever. But it's great for getting around cities for fun, and when I was in college, it was always awesome to ride with friends. 30 miles on rolling hills with a single gear is an easy way to build up an appetite on a run for Mexican food a couple cities over. I still have that bike, though I've been neglecting service on it for a while. Would love to find time to take it to ADT but I can't validate the cost of the license if I'm only going to go once in a while.

49-15 is an easy way to light your legs on fire. 49-15 on a pretty gnarly grade, well...just another Wednesday night!
That would be hairy on some steeps.

Is it freewheel ?

Slacker west lake SAMMICH has 1000 ft of elevation gain in that short jont? It must be your last road to your house. That's pretty flat around the lake. Too busy for cycling tho. That road is stupid busy.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, it's that last ass kicker of a hill on 26th. I only got 1/3 of the way up. Had to walk it.

You think it's busy? I don't have a lot of road riding under my belt, for me it's a lot safer and less trafficked than highway 50 in Tahoe, haha!

Old 06-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
Yeah, it's that last ass kicker of a hill on 26th. I only got 1/3 of the way up. Had to walk it.

You think it's busy? I don't have a lot of road riding under my belt, for me it's a lot safer and less trafficked than highway 50 in Tahoe, haha!
If you get a geared bike we could ride down here.

I road 23 miles tonight and was passed by 9 cars.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
If you get a geared bike we could ride down here.

I road 23 miles tonight and was passed by 9 cars.
That is lightly trafficked, crazy. Sammamish isn't bad though once you get into Redmond. There is a bike path on both sides, it's really only a short stretch where there is no shoulder and you're in the street. Cars are watching too on the weekends, there are tons of bikes out.

I'm gonna be on the lookout for a used spesh I can pick up/ trade for the SS.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:16 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Have you seen these?

There is a guy that wants to do this in Vegas and they will be one of the options.

One Giant Leap

Old 06-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Rolex Fanboy
Originally Posted by KT
Have you seen these?

The ParaBike by ParaBounce! A Flying Bike! - YouTube

There is a guy that wants to do this in Vegas and they will be one of the options.

One Giant Leap
That's crazy
I'd bet the wind really throws you around in that thing and that's why they are in doors.

That being said I'd hate to go out for a ride and Bonk!!!!

Old 06-11-2012, 07:13 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
I'd go to the indoor thing, looks like a blast.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by h20skier
That would be hairy on some steeps.

Is it freewheel ?
It's a handful. It's not freewheel - it's a true track bike, and rides just like it. Super stiff, very aggressive, lots of toe overlap. It was and (to me) always will be perfect...in an...interesting, imperfect way, in that I don't think I've ever smiled riding any other bike quite as much. It's what I imagine driving a CGT would be like. Completely impractical, and the moment you forget your place it'll kick your ass. But you could tell me a bit more about that, wouldn't you? I still want to take it out to ADT but I don't know if/when that will ever happen.

When I was stupid and used to bomb cliffs with it (it is a true track frame, so it has no brake mounts), we'd lock up our legs to lock up the rear to slow down. I've done it fast enough to throw myself over the bars. I've since learned that brakes and cassettes are better for that. Oh to be a stupid college kid again (not that it was that long ago)!

Last edited by vltsai; 06-12-2012 at 02:50 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
slatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura aboutslatett has a spectacular aura about
My setup for Newton's Revenge

OK ..for those of you unfamiliar .. Newton's Revenge is a bike race up Mt. Washington in NH .. just 7.6 miles ..

I customized this Lightspeed for gearing and my style of riding .. wish me luck.

Attached Images  

Last edited by slatett; 06-12-2012 at 03:11 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant futurevltsai has a brilliant future
Mean ride! Always wondered how Ksyriums rode. Would love a set of lightweight shallow alloy rims.

Quick Reply: Official Pedal Power Thread