Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Might be selling the GT2...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Josh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond repute
That would be a huge downgrade, and I don't really see the Lambo being much better as a daily driver. Neither the 560 nor the 430 are going to match the GT2's reliability either.

Originally Posted by lager99
I haven't decided...maybe I should just get a S5 or something & keep the GT2...time will tell...actually the launch & test drive will tell.
I think this is the best bet. The GT2, 560 and 430 are not daily drivers.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
lager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Josh
That would be a huge downgrade, and I don't really see the Lambo being much better as a daily driver. Neither the 560 nor the 430 are going to match the GT2's reliability either.

I think this is the best bet. The GT2, 560 and 430 are not daily drivers.
The GT2 is fine except for the bucket seats. Maybe if you were 160lbs they would be ok.

My neighbor drives his F430 everyday for the last 2yrs (obviously not winter). Zero problems, just oil changes.

A Murci maybe no, but a 560 would be fine. I think they are pretty worry free. There is a guy in Edmonton that put 24,000km on his G last year with no problems & clutch is 1.6/5 still on e-gear.

I'm not into Sunday drives & garage queens...they are all meant to be driven. These kind of cars are about emotion, what kind of feeling you get when you see them & drive them & it is very subjective. No different then fine wine & women...

Old 08-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Well, if it's just the seats, there's gotta be a TON of aftermarket seats you can get for a lot less than a new G. Geez, maybe even the CGT seats! H*ll, if they fit, you can swap me for mine straight across!! (mine are NOT CGT seats LOL)

The guy in town (at least the one I'm thinking of) just sold his G and got a new one.

100% agree they're about emotion. That's why everyone here is saying KEEP YOUR GT2!! But I gotta admit, that new G is pretty nice. Would I do it, nope, but like fine wine and women, there's one perfect one for each of us!!

Old 08-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
lager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond repute
It's more like a car-orgy...there are plenty of cars to go around, may as well try them all.

Old 08-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Adrian You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!

^^^Here is how this one is equipped.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLMOTORSPORTS
Cool, how much to get an owner's manual in "English"??

Old 08-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lager99
For sure a Scud is, if I woud have been on the ball to get one new for sure, can't beat it from a resale/hold value. I would never pay a premium for one though.

The GT2 drives comfortable enough...feels like a light, tuned TT but the seats are a pita.

Those new seats are so beautiful and so hard to get over when getting in and out. Send us some more pics of the car so we can wish it good bye, traitor.
Seems like several people are selling and I have had the same thoughts. Don't know why, except the new 997.2's are coming out and the TT will have some good options.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ritesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond reputeRitesh has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Josh
+1. I would just get a boring DD so that you can jump in the GT2 a bit more often than a typical GQ(garage queen)

Old 08-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLMOTORSPORTS

If this was the one in the center of the new showroom a few days ago, it's absolutely gorgeous!

Old 08-15-2008, 05:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Gt2 > Lp-560.

Quick Reply: Might be selling the GT2...