Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 GT3 done with 2008 Model Year??

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008 | 03:06 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
997 GT3 done with 2008 Model Year??

The latest edition of GT Porsche Magazine contains an article that says the 997 GT3 is done with the 08 Model year? Does anyone know if that's true? I'm number one at my dealer for his next GT3 allocation, but we both assumed it would be an 09. His 2008 allocations are done.

Old 07-05-2008 | 04:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
True, Porsche has decided that, starting in 2009, it wants to minimize profits.

Old 07-05-2008 | 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Coochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond reputeCoochas has a reputation beyond repute
I have not heard that about the GT3.
I suppose it is possible that the GT3 will take a year off and re-emerge as a MkII in MY10,...we'll just have to wait a few more weeks to find out!

Old 07-05-2008 | 05:58 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of
im first on my dealers list and mine is a MY10...

Old 07-06-2008 | 03:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Yeah I'm not sure what the question is, but the 997 GT3/RS is out of production, so any specs/allocations in the US have to now be for the DFI 3/RS coming out most likely a year from now or a little later, so they will probably be a model year 2010.

Btw I'm in MA too and also am on a list for the new RS - where are you getting yours if you don't mind me asking? PM me if you want.

Old 07-06-2008 | 08:51 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rjmontoya
Yeah I'm not sure what the question is, but the 997 GT3/RS is out of production, so any specs/allocations in the US have to now be for the DFI 3/RS coming out most likely a year from now or a little later, so they will probably be a model year 2010.

Btw I'm in MA too and also am on a list for the new RS - where are you getting yours if you don't mind me asking? PM me if you want.

So the next Gen GT3 is not a 997 or it may only be an RS? I assumed Porsche would simply provide a 997 facelift to the GT3 and add DFI. Also hard to believe they would think the market is saturated if they continued the current model for 2009 and then introduced a facelift/DFI/PDK model for 2010. The GT3 holds up extremely well on resale.

Old 07-06-2008 | 03:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Yeah, the facelifted/DFI versions of both the GT3 and RS are coming out, and all are still 997s (it'll be just like the 996 had a GT3 Mk I and II). I don't think it's a matter of IF they can sell it, but a way to focus on the facelifted/DFI Carrera, then Turbo, then GT3.

I've actually been frustrated at how well the GT3s are holding the price - I thought prices would be tumbling right about now! Guess we'll just have to wait . . .