Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oct issue of EVO magazine

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 01:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond repute
Oct issue of EVO magazine

There's a complete test of the 991 GT3 vs GTR, GT3 RS 4.0 and Mc12c. I was only able to capture a few pages. Its a Great article. I'm really looking forward to getting mine next year.

Old 08-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Teamspeed Member
s4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond reputes4awd has a reputation beyond repute
Cars are becoming space ships. I blame it on the GTR

Old 08-15-2013, 01:04 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
patrick95 is on a distinguished roadpatrick95 is on a distinguished road
GT3 vs 12C

Attached Images   
Old 08-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
modenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enough
A remarkable showing for the GT3, and it looks fantastic. Also, very impressive and interesting that the best lap time with the GT3 was with the traction aids off. I seem to remember reading articles about current 911s being faster with the aids left on, even for pro drivers.

Regarding the lap times, I believe the Macca comes standard with regular Pirelli P Zeros, which are slippery beasts compared to Corsas or Michelin Pilot Sport Cups. Not sure what the Porsche comes with, but tires make a huge difference on lap times. So without knowing the tires, the lap time is not as meaningful to me.

If Evo wants people to take the lap times seriously, I can't imagine why they wouldn't indicate which tires were on both cars (maybe I missed it in the article, but I can't find mention of it).

For me, it would be down to road feel and not ultimate lap times anyway, and they sure seemed to love the GT3.

Love that 4.0 RS too.

Old 08-16-2013, 03:10 AM
Teamspeed Member
ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Will be interesting to see comparison between the 991 GT3 and the 997 4.0. Then again, we all know what the resulting opinion will be.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
I sure hope the new TTS will have similar results with its dynamics and driving feel as the GT3 has progressed in this department to my surprise.
If so, its going to be hard to pass on.
Great article.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Big props to Porsche. Amazing to see this beat the MP4 around the track. Makes me even more excited for the 991 GT2.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
Big props to Porsche. Amazing to see this beat the MP4 around the track. Makes me even more excited for the 991 GT2.
Like you, I am hopeful that Porsche will make a truly special 991 GT2, but I get the feeling it won't be. Rumor has it that it won't come with an engine derived from the GT3's, but from the "base" Carrera's engine.