Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Expected 997.1 GT3 Prices following 991 Release

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Civil is an unknown quantity at this point
Expected 997.1 GT3 Prices following 991 Release

What do you think the prices for the 997.1 GT3 will come down to once the 991 GT3's start being rolled out? Do you think there is a chance that they will be under 50k in about a 1 to 1.5 years? That is what I feel I can afford, and just wanted to guage how long of a wait I still might have to own one of these amazing machines.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:19 PM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going to go with "No".

I'd love to have one as well, but seeing as that the 991 won't be a manual, I could see the 997 staying very desirable, especially to purists.

That said, I'm sure there will be a couple getting traded in when the 991 GT3 comes out. Maybe you'll get lucky and find one that hasn't been over inflated price-wise.

Old 08-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DBV

I'd love to have one as well, but seeing as that the 991 won't be a manual, I could see the 997 staying very desirable, especially to purists.

That said, I'm sure there will be a couple getting traded in when the 991 GT3 comes out. Maybe you'll get lucky and find one that hasn't been over inflated price-wise.
Couldnt agree more...the real question would be, which one will be more stable? 997.1 GT3 or 997.2 GT3

Old 08-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
grant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
Couldnt agree more...the real question would be, which one will be more stable? 997.1 GT3 or 997.2 GT3
997.2 will hold value much better, as it's the final Mezger 3.8L and no sunroof...

Old 08-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by DBV

That is a fair assesment. My view was that those that have a 997.1 and want to stay with the manual will upgrade to a 997.2 as it is the ultimate version of the 997 GT3.

Those with 997.2 who always get the newest and greatest will obviously upgrade, freeing up for them to go down in price.

Also the 997 GT3 sold fairly well from what I found online, meaning there should be more on the market.

Either way, it looks like I just need to work a bit harder to get into my Gt3.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
not gonna happen...

Old 08-08-2013, 05:00 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by Maxtheone
not gonna happen...
Well a brand new GT3 was about 125k (with some options)

Today you can find them for about 70-75k which is about 8.5k a year in value loss. Not out of the question to be around 50k In 1.5-2 years.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't be surprised to find nice 997.1 GT3's in the $70k range within an year.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedEvo
I wouldn't be surprised to find nice 997.1 GT3's in the $70k range within an year.
I've seen a few for that now, some even in the high 60's. Higher then normal miles for a GT3, I want to say it had around 50k for the mileage.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Highly doubt it, it'll stopped at a certain range and then drop very little after that. Doubt if it will drop to $50K however. It is the last of the manual GT3's, there will be a lot of demand for that.

Quick Reply: Expected 997.1 GT3 Prices following 991 Release