Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991gt3 new ceramics, logo wearing off

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 12:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
991gt3 new ceramics, logo wearing off

just returned from the Silverstone classic.the head pace car in the parade being the 991gt3, which I believe is the car from goodwood a few weeks back. the new wheels look great and being able to see the detail on the new ceramic brakes look fantastic,the wheel looks good enough to hang on the wall imo......one major snag that lets it down the new Porsche logo on the hub in white is wearing off and can be easily rubbed away,i take it the heat from brakeing is the cause!! I personally would be returning my car if this is going to happen to the new cars when they hit the street.more so with a £6.500 option...you would think this sort of stuff would have been proven prior to going into production.i hope they can resolve this because they look that good.some people may not worry but in my book the devils in the detail!!!

Old 07-28-2013, 06:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Any pics?

Old 07-29-2013, 01:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
sorry no, lets hope they sort it, I will be sticking with steel....with so many bad finishes on my 4.0 I cant deal with the hassle anymore, shame!

Old 07-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
grant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished roadgrant is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by goldencrust
....one major snag that lets it down the new Porsche logo on the hub in white is wearing off and can be easily rubbed away,i take it the heat from brakeing is the cause!!
On the caliper?

Old 07-29-2013, 02:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
the hub, theres Porsche script in white also pccb in white .....it looks real good, hence why you don't want it coming off!! I have also in the past had the yellow paint on the calipers coming away where the powder coat hasn't bonded.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
same issue on brake hubs at the Frankfurt show!!! pics to follow!

Old 09-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
just returned from Frankfurt with Porsche, they really did us proud with a great stand and top notch hospitality...one issue ! a Porsche exclusive salesman really let the side down!i reported a couple of weeks back that the the new gt3 was at the Silverstone classic and the white Porsche logo's were coming away from the hub leaving a real mess on what is a great wheel. on closer inspection with another employee from the factory, the guy wiped across the letters on a yellow c2s with ceramic brakes and the same thing happened and this car had done no road miles!the exclusive guys answer was. I quote we are not interested in the letters coming away it's all about the performance and the logo's would be down to the dealerships to deal with under warrenty!! Porsche marketing doesn't ever let up about the excellence of there products and for a salesman to have this attitude stinks,this may be not an issue to some people but when im paying £6,000/$10,000 I want it right and Porsche ceramic brakes should be the best in the game visually and on performance. I had nothing but trouble with 12 snags on my 4.0 and will stick to steels on the new rs as I don't need the hassle! these little issues spoil such a great product and I cant believe this issue hasn't been tested for its durability. looks like there could be some busy dealers with potential call backs!!

Attached Images  
Old 09-17-2013, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
If you're driving it properly the calipers will turn brown as well...

Old 09-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by goldencrust
just returned from Frankfurt with Porsche, they really did us proud with a great stand and top notch hospitality...one issue ! a Porsche exclusive salesman really let the side down!i reported a couple of weeks back that the the new gt3 was at the Silverstone classic and the white Porsche logo's were coming away from the hub leaving a real mess on what is a great wheel. on closer inspection with another employee from the factory, the guy wiped across the letters on a yellow c2s with ceramic brakes and the same thing happened and this car had done no road miles!the exclusive guys answer was. I quote we are not interested in the letters coming away it's all about the performance and the logo's would be down to the dealerships to deal with under warrenty!! Porsche marketing doesn't ever let up about the excellence of there products and for a salesman to have this attitude stinks,this may be not an issue to some people but when im paying £6,000/$10,000 I want it right and Porsche ceramic brakes should be the best in the game visually and on performance. I had nothing but trouble with 12 snags on my 4.0 and will stick to steels on the new rs as I don't need the hassle! these little issues spoil such a great product and I cant believe this issue hasn't been tested for its durability. looks like there could be some busy dealers with potential call backs!!
Hi Goldencrust,

I understand your concern..but Im really asking myself if youre asking the right question to the right problem. This car cant be used with slicks, this car will have shorter maintenance intervals then the 997 GT3, this car cant be had with FIA approved bucket seats..let alone the track usability of RWS, CL etc..and then youre coming with white stickers pealing off

That wouldnt be my main concern if I would buy that car..I would rather think about the basics first. Anyway, congrats on your purchase and Im sure you will report back to us whether this will be the only problem with this car. Production has already been seriously delayed..

Old 09-17-2013, 10:34 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
so basically, no photos.

Quick Reply: 991gt3 new ceramics, logo wearing off