Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991gt3 new ceramics, logo wearing off

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 11:44 PM
Dafuq?? Why is there a Llama?
Scott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond repute
How did the welds look?

Old 09-18-2013, 03:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I appreciate whats important to some people is not to others and most of our guys that are serious petrol heads agree that it shouldn't happen.i guess where i'm coming from is at the level of where Porsche place themselves you don't expect there products to fail. you would expect this sort of thing from a car company building in a shed !as I said its a great looking wheel and its a shame it could be flawed by this issue, my personal business is based around design and I purchase my cars not only for there performance value but also the pleasure they give on design and feel good factor....they maybe should have left the hub as the 997 imo. lets hope they resolve it.

Old 09-18-2013, 06:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in the "not to others" crowd.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Teamspeed Member
gerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to all
I have ceramics on my car but they are not crazed like the one in the photo. Maybe I need to drive it harder

Old 09-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
the pic is of a brand new ceramic disc with very little miles,this is how the new ceramic brake system looks.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Would you purchase the car if it did not say "Porsche" on the hub? Probably...

I'd just clean it completely off and call it a day. Pretend it was never there. Maybe that shouldn't be the answer, but it's a small detail in an Amazing car. Small enough that if that's why it isn't purchased, then your a picky dude

Old 09-19-2013, 02:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
i'll stick with steels that sorts it....as with all the discussions on a topic it goes to the next base! all I made a point of was that with a fantastic new model out(gt3)with all the rave reveiews it was a shame a detailed cosmetic issue was failing,the steel brakes don't have the logo's and I save my self 6k and look forward to my 991rs next summer!

Old 09-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
wait01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Track ability of the new GT3

Hi jumping_horse,

I'm curious about some statements you made, quote:
"I understand your concern..but Im really asking myself if you're asking the right question to the right problem. This car cant be used with slicks, this car will have shorter maintenance intervals then the 997 GT3, this car cant be had with FIA approved bucket seats..let alone the track usability of RWS, CL etc..and then you're coming with white stickers pealing off "

Where did you hear about the car not being able to use slicks and having the shorter maintenance intervals than the 997?

I know that RWS is rear wheel steering, but CL?

Porsche built the new GT3 knowing that 80% of buyers track the car. I'd be surprised if the new features like RWS couldn't handle track work as well as slicks.

Thanks.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Are the discs supposed to look like in that pic (can't quote the pic ?) that "crazing" looks all wrong ?

Old 09-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
yep that's how they look, a press friend of mine was on a recent 991 gt3 day for his mag and said not all of the ceramic brakes had logo's on !they've been putting them on cars for market research to see if customers like the design, as I previously said I think it looks good. but if there going to come off don't bother putting them on in the first place! if you bought a rolex watch and the r fell of the face it may still tell the time but im sure most people wouldn't be happy!!

Quick Reply: 991gt3 new ceramics, logo wearing off