Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Porsche 991 GT3 First Drive - CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 12:15 AM
Teamspeed Member
Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Easy888 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I can't wait for this car to arrive. I think the car is great on the points that will make you fall in love with it.
The lack of manual doesn't concern me. I don't believe I've ever heard a complaint from a Scud owner that their car didn't feel special enough or as involving due to the F1 shifter.

If the only complaint is the lack of manual then there's always the secondary market if that is what you fancy. Otherwise I think Porsche is making progress just like any other manufacturer out there.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jayb289 is on a distinguished roadjayb289 is on a distinguished roadjayb289 is on a distinguished road
damn that exhaust is pure sex

Old 06-13-2013, 03:29 AM
Teamspeed Member
andy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura about
Great video and a great car. My only concern is, at what speed would I have fun driving it on a public road and would I leave it in full auto most of the time.

I understand than PDK is better in every performance based way than a manual, but it removes one of the challenges of driving, and I like a challenge.

RS with a manual option please Porsche.

Old 06-13-2013, 05:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond repute
I've been waiting so long for this review! Awesome, thanks for posting!

Old 06-13-2013, 06:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
WindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished roadWindSpeed is on a distinguished road
I waited for this review for a long time, and it came just the day of my birthday, what a gift! Fantastic review

Old 06-13-2013, 07:08 AM
T4B
Teamspeed Junior Member
T4B is an unknown quantity at this point
So do I just go to my local Porsche dealer and yell, "TAKE MY MONEY!"?

Old 06-13-2013, 07:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond repute
When does the States get the GT3? Late 2013? I'm more excited about the GT3 than any car before because it's so amazing, beautiful and not that expensive (for what it is). I've built it on the Porsche site and it's only $10k more than what I got on my spec'd 991S.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
Could someone explain me the function of the front and rear axle...because i didn't catch up some things!

Thanks a lot.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Teamspeed Member
ecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enoughecaman will become famous soon enough
Looks and sounds very well

Old 06-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
steven0401 is an unknown quantity at this point
It might be interesting to re-read / watch Chris's reviews of each successive GT3 or GT3RS or GT3RS 4.0. I suspect one would find a similar catalog of superlatives, as one finds with the Porsche GT3 development guy.

Looking back 40 years, the reviews of the Super 90 motor for the 356 were similarly over the top. Now, 40 years later, the difference in value between the four cam motor and the Super 90 motor tells the true story.

Moral: Always be a bit skeptical of extravagent praise. Sometimes it is the fascination with novelty.

Quick Reply: New Porsche 991 GT3 First Drive - CHRIS HARRIS ON CARS