Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics: Finished Prototypes of the Porsche 918 Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 11:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTCole
Flying. Same as a track time at a race. The question is how much under 7 it goes. And it goes.
Wonder what it's like feathering the gas with 900 plus ft lbs? LOL. What a frigging problem..................With a Ford F250 diesel, it's one thing, with 900 HP, Oh wow!
I can't wait to find out the time. In the Harris video he makes many good points about how the 918 is slower than all of its competitors, but that is only in a straight line. I think it is obvious Porsche is concentrating an immense amount of efforts in the corner. Based on the 7:12 standing start I believe this car should destroy the competition when it comes to the track.

Do you know if the 7:12 time took in to account the length of the pit wall after the second corner that is not included in record timing?

Still though, it makes you think, everything on this car is being concentrated towards lap times, wouldn't the novelty wear off eventually? As Harris says how much better could it be without all the tech?

Last edited by Carrera; 05-14-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
What amount was the original horsepower claim when first released? I know it out there just didn't bother looking through everything. With them 887 and the standing lap I truly think this is something that will open some non-believers eyes. While Mclaren claims under 7 time still the 918 easily competes. I cant wait to hear final times of a running lap other manufacturers out there. I must say with the looks at lap times so far, ferrari is at the bottom of the three.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Ok Carrera, you are pushing it on the wall question. I didn't ask that.

Since the introduction of the P1 and F Car, sales of the 918 have spiked. This I don't understand.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:27 AM
Teamspeed Member
-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all
Cole -- what do you mean by they offered a bunch?

Old 05-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Cole -- what do you mean by they offered a bunch?
Comments to come later. Sorry.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Dyna You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by GTCole
Comments to come later. Sorry.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
Name:  249136_10151473362829023_850820926_n.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  158.9 KB

Old 05-16-2013, 05:41 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Cartel...893 is an unknown quantity at this point
The rear looks amazing, love it, but the front is ugly as hell. Just boring. After so much years since the release of the Carrera GT you would expect they come up with a more exciting front design.

btw, still reading here these "standing start" comments about the Nring laptime. It wasn't a standing start, its just an translation mistake, because in german you mean with ''standing start'' that the car reached time xx without any preperation and not from standing at the start.

This was explained in the auto motor sport magazine which was at the Nring when the 918 was tested.

However, I'm looking forward at the ring time but I expect it will be much slower than the P1 or the LF.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:11 AM
Teamspeed Member
Mark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished roadMark ANTAR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cartel...893
The rear looks amazing, love it, but the front is ugly as hell. Just boring. After so much years since the release of the Carrera GT you would expect they come up with a more exciting front design.

btw, still reading here these "standing start" comments about the Nring laptime. It wasn't a standing start, its just an translation mistake, because in german you mean with ''standing start'' that the car reached time xx without any preperation and not from standing at the start.

This was explained in the auto motor sport magazine which was at the Nring when the 918 was tested.

However, I'm looking forward at the ring time but I expect it will be much slower than the P1 or the LF.
But it was driven by an engineer and jtot a Porsche test driver. 6:55 to 7:05 is possible based in what Walter Röhrl said.

Old 05-16-2013, 06:19 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Cartel...893 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Mark ANTAR
But it was driven by an engineer and jtot a Porsche test driver. 6:55 to 7:05 is possible based in what Walter Röhrl said.
I don't doubt that. It will be fast as hell for sure.
The only thing I wanted to say is the issue with "standing start", its just an translation mistake which just won't disappear till today(even in this forums).
Despite of that, the final version of the car, race driver, perfect conditions etc. will lead to an amazing laptime.

Quick Reply: Pics: Finished Prototypes of the Porsche 918 Spyder