Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Future value of the RS without PDK

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
Yes, correct. You're right. Especially the MY 2006 GT3 RS and of course the GT3 RS 4.0 will be the holy grail of Porsche's latest ''raw'' cars.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Plumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enoughPlumber will become famous soon enough
Let's hope you're right and they do appreciate in value coz I just got one!

Then again my decision was not entirely rational. I think that as others have said the new car will be so good that the vast majority of the market will go for it. The likely result is that the manuals will drop a bit value and then hold in the medium term. Long term who knows. There will always be people who will look for raw cars - those of us who keep their cars stock will benefit. Then again 3.6 and 3.8 RS's were not that limited.

Just my 2 cents

Old 04-29-2013, 10:27 AM
Teamspeed Member
dertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud of
Yeah, I'm inclined to think that the black 4.0 and green '07 will be unique for many years to come. I may just sell my '04 yellow GT3 daily driver and put the '10 on the road for daily use. The only issue is the high profile when you don't want it to be! I have a deposit on a 991 RS when I can configure one.
I guess we'll see it in a year.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
If i move permanently to Europe i consider to but a '07 997 GT3 RS in orange/black combination (very classic). We will see. Love that generation of the RS.!