Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Larger RS 4.0 Inlet manifold

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Teamspeed Member
GT3RS is on a distinguished roadGT3RS is on a distinguished road
Larger RS 4.0 Inlet manifold

Has anyone any recent information on the failure of the inlet manifold on RS 4.0 and 3.8 Gen 2 GT3's? There was some talk a few months ago about a possible recall. In the UK a couple of us owners have been pushing Porsche GB for an answers, but they state that AG do not acknowledge any issue. I may well pay for the part to be fitted for peace of mind.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
Ive heard the rumors, but no recall or corrected part# that I know of.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Member
nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by GT3RS
Has anyone any recent information on the failure of the inlet manifold on RS 4.0 and 3.8 Gen 2 GT3's? There was some talk a few months ago about a possible recall. In the UK a couple of us owners have been pushing Porsche GB for an answers, but they state that AG do not acknowledge any issue. I may well pay for the part to be fitted for peace of mind.
What part of manifold is actually failing and how?

Old 03-22-2013, 05:53 AM
Teamspeed Member
From my understanding parts from the inlet manifold (i think it is a butterfly) fails and is ingested causing engine failure. I am sure a member of TS reported having a failure/knowing of one and I have been told by another UK 4.0 owner, of reported failures in Germany.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
I know of at least 2 4.O's that got a new engine.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
I have heard of a 3.8 going in the UK and a 4.0 in Germany. I have been told that no official recall is scheduled, but I paid for an have had an updated part fitted to my car. The dealer has agreed if a recall in announced they will refund my payment.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Please post the part numbers for the update. If you are just paying to put the same part number you may get one with a defect while now you have a good one. They fail early just a few thousand miles on the track will do it. Mine still fine

Old 04-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Teamspeed Member
I believe the updates part is essentially a modified version of the original. I have posted an image of the replacement unit that was fitted to my car which appears to have some additional identification numbers. I have also provided some images of the internal differences to the spindle bush which now appears to be flush.

Attached Images       
Old 04-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I will ask my dealer to look into it, thanks for sharing.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
yikes...i've heard of the 3.8 having the clutch plate explode and ruining the casing.....

Quick Reply: Larger RS 4.0 Inlet manifold