Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS When?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Teamspeed Member
dertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud ofdertub has much to be proud of
GT3 RS When?

Any educated guesses ou there? Based on GT3 availability, I would say maybe next Spring. What do you think?

Old 03-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!goldencrust You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
possible frankfurt 2013/ geneva 2014/ let the hype die away for the gt3!get the bank balance sorted with the new gt3 and see how many customers want a rs! motersport will determine that, to produce the rsr!! sorry to be synical but fact!i for one will have my deposit on a rs,i was at siverstone in the week ,there was a 991 c4s in white with the grey wheels and the spoiler option and it looked no different than the new gt3!!!, come on andreas give the rs what it deserves,not just all the tech but the car the customer wants to see!!.......imo

Old 03-17-2013, 03:16 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
softarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura aboutsoftarga has a spectacular aura about
6 months. Porsche says the GT3 and GT3RS are different customer bases. I may be an exception, but bring on the PDK...

Old 03-18-2013, 07:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Turbo's coming first, GT2 second, then the GT3RS... And maybe THEN the GT2RS

Old 03-18-2013, 09:03 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
zerosixtwofour is an unknown quantity at this point
the press launch will be at geneva 2014 and it will be here sept/oct of 2014

Old 03-18-2013, 10:59 AM
Teamspeed Member
nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you nizer

Old 03-21-2013, 02:53 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Sayyar is an unknown quantity at this point
I was talking about this same issue last night with one of porsche officials during the launch of the new 918 spyder in Bahrain.

He said that Porsche now has a new strategy and philosophy that has started and will continue to follow. For example he said that there will NOT be a manual version of the the new GT3, the new PDK that the GT3 is using is slightly different than the one the comes on the Carrera, it will be faster and will be able to take much more beating! He also said that they are certain that the new GT3 with the new PDK and the Launch control is definitely faster than a manual version, this made Porsche decide to go for a PDK only rather than manual gears box.

When I asked about the new RS, I got a shocking answer.. they said that the same arguments above applies.. And whats even more shocking is that there is a slight chance that there may NOT be an RS version of this new GT3 soon. In fact the decision to develop an RS version of the new GT3 has not be decided.
They are testing and developing an all new RSR version but not an RS as of now.

I asked surprisingly: "Are you saying that there is no GT3 RS?!" , He said, "Im not sure yet.. I don't really know".... We have a new strategy now, for example the new "Turbo S" will come out before the Turbo Version and it will be within the 650hp range.

So the Porsche strategies are changing..

Old 03-21-2013, 09:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Sayyar
I was talking about this same issue last night with one of porsche officials during the launch of the new 918 spyder in Bahrain.

He said that Porsche now has a new strategy and philosophy that has started and will continue to follow. For example he said that there will NOT be a manual version of the the new GT3, the new PDK that the GT3 is using is slightly different than the one the comes on the Carrera, it will be faster and will be able to take much more beating! He also said that they are certain that the new GT3 with the new PDK and the Launch control is definitely faster than a manual version, this made Porsche decide to go for a PDK only rather than manual gears box.

When I asked about the new RS, I got a shocking answer.. they said that the same arguments above applies.. And whats even more shocking is that there is a slight chance that there may NOT be an RS version of this new GT3 soon. In fact the decision to develop an RS version of the new GT3 has not be decided.
They are testing and developing an all new RSR version but not an RS as of now.

I asked surprisingly: "Are you saying that there is no GT3 RS?!" , He said, "Im not sure yet.. I don't really know".... We have a new strategy now, for example the new "Turbo S" will come out before the Turbo Version and it will be within the 650hp range.

So the Porsche strategies are changing..
Hi Sayyar,

thanks for the insights..interesting.

1) 991 RS GT3: Agreed, not sure yet about an RS..in the origanal planning it was also said 2015..now its 2014..but then your words come in..we shall see.

2) turbo s: 650HP..I highly doubt that..more than 100HP more than the 997 turbo S ??..100HP more in one step?..hmm...so fare we heard of 530-550 for the standard 991 turbo..

thanks,