Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you prefer 997 GT3 RS 4.0 or 991 GT3
GT3 RS 4.0
69.09%
991 GT3
30.91%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

do you prefer 997 GT3 RS 4.0 or 991 GT3 ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
rickman_fr is on a distinguished roadrickman_fr is on a distinguished roadrickman_fr is on a distinguished roadrickman_fr is on a distinguished roadrickman_fr is on a distinguished roadrickman_fr is on a distinguished road
do you prefer 997 GT3 RS 4.0 or 991 GT3 ?

1) Gt3 rs 4.0
2) 991 gt3

Old 03-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Crabman is an unknown quantity at this point
Well when you compare it to the 4.0 there really isn't a comparison is there ?

Old 03-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Absurd comparison.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Yet you've never drove either.

Old 03-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Bias pole is bias.

1) Nobody has driven a 991 GT3
2) You can't compare a "base" GT3 to a limited production car. That's like asking: do you prefer a 996 Turbo S or a 997.1 Carrera 4 Cabriolet automatic?

Compare like to like: 997.1 GT3 vs 997.2 GT3 vs 991 GT3

Old 03-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer the 991 GT3 because the last time I took it on track I was a bad ass.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
never driven either except in my dream with GTCole.

if it is free, then I will take either one, or both.

if I have to pay, I will not buy either one.

so, I pick #3, a 3.8RS.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
Manursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the roughManursr is a jewel in the rough
I m pretty sure that is not a so stupid question .
In terms of laptime it will be very closed .
The new gt3 has better results for the acceleration , and the new rear system will help in corner .
I think that the gt3 will surprised a lot of people ....

Old 03-13-2013, 11:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond reputeTRAKCAR has a reputation beyond repute
4.0 dream car.

The 991 GT3 should be called a GTS and I have no interest at all.
I have not driven it, only 991 with all the Go fast options.
When the steering feel is benchmarked against the outgoing model and you offer PDK only, don't race the engine, make ot heavier then a C2S you should not be calling it a GT3.

Nothing to do withthe cup car, they just put it on the same level of interest for me as a TTS, GTR, Fiats, etc. wich is to say no interest at all.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enough
4.0RS. no contest.

the 991 should make for an awesome daily driver though

Quick Reply: do you prefer 997 GT3 RS 4.0 or 991 GT3 ?