Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official: 2014 Porsche 911 (991) GT3

Old 03-04-2013, 10:02 PM
Teamspeed Member
terrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrera
I think Porsche decided to ditch the photo shoot altogether, and straight up did some cgi images, like they've been doing a lot lately. Besides the fake photos and PDK only at this point, this is a pretty good looking GT3!

I think Porsche is doing PDK only initially so later on they can introduce a manual in which everybody will go crazy over and pay more money to get it. Also, with initially only PDK available, it will dominate in the many comparos it will likely be subjected to.

And besides it's not like I'd be able to buy one any time soon, so here's to holding out for a manual!
I agree with your rationale about the delayed availability of the manual. Not that I am happy about it, but I understand the business case behind it. Better performance and mpg numbers to report officially first. Maybe the RS will introduce the launch of the new close ratio short-shifting rev-matching 7-speed manual.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Teamspeed Member
Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Senna1994 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Wow the car looks stunning, can't wait to see it in person. Does anyone know if it has the Regular Carrera Hips or the Carrera4S hips that are wider. I figure the wider hips will be reserved for the RS version.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Can't wait to drive it

Old 03-05-2013, 12:13 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
patrick95 is on a distinguished roadpatrick95 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Senna1994
Wow the car looks stunning, can't wait to see it in person. Does anyone know if it has the Regular Carrera Hips or the Carrera4S hips that are wider. I figure the wider hips will be reserved for the RS version.
It has the wider hips.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Terraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura about
That looks insanely good!

Old 03-05-2013, 04:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:31 AM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute

Old 03-05-2013, 07:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by terrence
I agree with your rationale about the delayed availability of the manual. Not that I am happy about it, but I understand the business case behind it. Better performance and mpg numbers to report officially first. Maybe the RS will introduce the launch of the new close ratio short-shifting rev-matching 7-speed manual.
It would definitely make sense to me, however I just watched the evo interview with Andrea Preuninger, and it seems all of the adjustments they've made are to directly replace the manual transmission instead of allowing one later in the future. Also he says there were many back to back manual-PDK tests, but in the end, PDK prevailed. Preuninger is convinced however that the 991 GT3 is more involving than an RS 4.0 however, so I'm sure this one is no short of amazing.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Hot Honda is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Senna1994
44MM wider than the Carrera S (same as the 4S)

Old 03-05-2013, 11:23 AM
Teamspeed Member
bprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished roadbprime is on a distinguished road
Neat little marker lights within the rim of the headlights.

I can see how they will evolve into some like the sport turismo.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official: 2014 Porsche 911 (991) GT3