Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To GT2 or not to GT2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 06:55 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
JayKay is an unknown quantity at this point
To GT2 or not to GT2?

I'm seriously thinking about swapping out of my TT at the end of this year and looking at the GT2 as a serious option. I'm interested to know peoples opinions on whether the difference in price is worth the extra cost. Is the GT2 really that much more special?

J

Old 06-19-2008, 07:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
h-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond repute
it is all down to what you like about cars. the gt2 is VERY different to the tt. i had TT for 5000miles or so an have done 2000miles in gt2.

the gt2 is sharper, more responsive, more envolving and much faster around the track. the tt is absolutely incredible for gt and occasional, less demanding, fun on the track.

I think the two cars should have the same price to be honest, and then let the buyer decide what kind of car he/she is more interested in.

the premium of the gt2 suggests that it is somehow a better car, an upgrade from the tt.. it isn't, it is just a different car. think carrera 4s and gt3.

I know i made the right chocie but can't speak for anyone else.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:47 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Upgrade your turbo to GT2 settings and that in particular coil over systems and make it around 600hp, GT2 is a very expensive car and If you can get one as a daily driver than get it other wise its too much of a cost to incur if you dont use it quiet often.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Teamspeed Member
terrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond repute
997TT is a much better daily driver becasue it rides better, the seats are more comfortable, its quieter inside, etc.

The GT2 is much more exciting to drive, much faster in-gear acceleration, turns better, handles WAY better with much less lean, suspension rebounds way faster, brakes better, etc.

I used my 997TT as a daily driver, but was never inspired to go out "just for a drive", whereas I do that with the GT2 all the time.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
If I had the chance i would buy the GT2.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:45 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
GT2 FTW

Old 06-19-2008, 11:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
formula1champ33 is an unknown quantity at this point
GT2 all the way!

Old 06-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Cant compare the two, I told you this, GT2 is special! Drive one

Old 06-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
AmirGT2 is an unknown quantity at this point
GT2 without a doubt. You can add all the power you want to a turbo but you're not going to make up for the the 320lbs weight difference or the RWD feel.

The GT2 is an amazing car and worth the extra money.

Best,

Amir

Old 06-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Wild Bill has a reputation beyond reputeWild Bill has a reputation beyond reputeWild Bill has a reputation beyond reputeWild Bill has a reputation beyond reputeWild Bill has a reputation beyond reputeWild Bill has a reputation beyond reputeWild Bill has a reputation beyond reputeWild Bill has a reputation beyond reputeWild Bill has a reputation beyond reputeWild Bill has a reputation beyond reputeWild Bill has a reputation beyond repute
Go GT2!