Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 Teaser coming soon...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
TulGTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, that's a good news.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Spyderman is on a distinguished roadSpyderman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Savage
Hi Mike.
Let me say..On last 10-24-2009 I wrote about the new BMW M3 GTS on a Forum well known in Usa. I was the first let me say. Not only in Usa:-) I had good luck and right friends in Garching (D). At that time the M3 was my current car and I was for several years something like a fanatic about that kind of cars (M3 GTS info! (lightweight performance edition M3) - BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)). About my actual source, let me say that it was not just the opinion of the vendor. When I asked him more info about the new GT3 he simply told: come'n follow me.He opened a file in his computer and started "to read" (to read!) something official that was established and released inside the dealer's network after a global meeting they had in recent times. Something notyet public. I got this info because he considered me a good customer and since we are close to the debut.Here in Italy as you know there is a big crisis and not many are looking for a new sport car. This is why they gave me the best answers they can...
By my point of view, since I am monitoring every new about this car that is released around the world, I would say that before today it was "almost sure" that there will not be a manual gear. Almost sure that there will be something close to 450 hp. It was almost sure that the body would have been the larger one (4S).
But since this afternoon I can confirm that all now is fixed and definitive.
No manual at first. Btw what really surpriced me today is the new price range (at least here in Europe) and the "four steering wheels" (optional). Never I eard about this new system before. The price will be around 25.000 euro more expencive compared to the old one . I hope that they are offering us something more than a larger body, a pdk and 15 hp more. All these togheter don't justify 25.000 euro of increase.I suppose that the new car will offer much more because if not, the difference between the old price and the new one will not be "understood" by the customers.The potential customers have already to understand too many tech.changes don't you think? Just my opinion.
Probably the car is really performing well and much better than before and they will ask much more money even for this reason.We will see..
Ps: about your questions I confirm all two cars are considered basic and both cars have VAT included (but my old one was charged by 20% of VAT. Now is 21%).
Hi Savage - Remember that you will also get a new chassis and completely different axel geometry. The 991 should be a much better handling car.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:54 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Spyderman is on a distinguished roadSpyderman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
HI savage agian,

One more thing - do you know when the redline of the engine starts (max rpm)? I couldnt get any info on this..so far I always doubted that it will be able to start red line like the 997.2 GT3 at 8500. Why? because from 997 to 991 they already increased revs by 1000..now they would have to do another 1000..in engine terms this is simply not possible..

But we will see..keeping in mind that the limit at 8500 for the 3.8 was set very passivley..9000 or 9500 are possible without any problems..and at that rpm the 9A1 would be breathing its last breath...
Hi jumping_horse - Do you suspect that it will have the 9A1? - Judging from the Cup and RSR, it looks like the Mezger will still be around.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:53 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Savage is on a distinguished roadSavage is on a distinguished roadSavage is on a distinguished roadSavage is on a distinguished roadSavage is on a distinguished roadSavage is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jumping_horse
HI savage agian,

One more thing - do you know when the redline of the engine starts (max rpm)? I couldnt get any info on this..so far I always doubted that it will be able to start red line like the 997.2 GT3 at 8500. Why? because from 997 to 991 they already increased revs by 1000..now they would have to do another 1000..in engine terms this is simply not possible..

But we will see..keeping in mind that the limit at 8500 for the 3.8 was set very passivley..9000 or 9500 are possible without any problems..and at that rpm the 9A1 would be breathing its last breath...
Sorry..no other news about the engine.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Spyderman
Hi jumping_horse - Do you suspect that it will have the 9A1? - Judging from the Cup and RSR, it looks like the Mezger will still be around.
It will get the 9A1 engine - thats a fact.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Teamspeed Member
nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
So this must be the pre-GT3 teaser teaser....

They can do whatever they want with the GT3 as long as the RS is done right. I'm hearing true single-clutch sequential, 4.2L Mezger engine with 525hp, all CF body panels, 2850lb dry weight, and Cup-style interior as below less the rollbar.

Attached Images  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Teamspeed Member
-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all-eztrader- is a name known to all
lol---i wish

Old 01-04-2013, 11:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nizer
So this must be the pre-GT3 teaser teaser....

They can do whatever they want with the GT3 as long as the RS is done right. I'm hearing true single-clutch sequential, 4.2L Mezger engine with 525hp, all CF body panels, 2850lb dry weight, and Cup-style interior as below less the rollbar.
You mean "GT3"

I can't see the car you've described being called a GT3 RS since the GT3 name apparently means nothing now. Hopefully just RS.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Teamspeed Member
nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Guest
You mean "GT3"

I can't see the car you've described being called a GT3 RS since the GT3 name apparently means nothing now. Hopefully just RS.
I believe I said just "RS".

Forgot to mention Bosch Motorsport ABS and cockpit adjustable swaybars. Booyah!

Old 01-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the roughjumping_horse is a jewel in the rough
Hi Nizer,

1) I wish you were right..but from what I heard, what youre saying is quite realistic ..however, dont expect this car to "cheap"..you pay probably 30-40K more then for 997.2 GT3RS

2) Well, its short sighted to say you dont care about the normal GT3..its like castration of a bull..maybe its still nice to look at..but its purpose was something else. Killing off the GT3 name..is a bad thing. Maybe so customers will decide to go elsewhere.

I decided already long time ago - no 991 GT3..if 991 GT3RS comes in the way as hoped..then maybe yes..

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Teaser coming soon...